First "official" drive in the 32

Started by DRD57, November 16, 2004, 12:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

No, not the drive it around the block (or in my case around the parking lot) with no lights, throttle, shifter. windows, seat etc.

This was the first "official" drive on city streets with everything as hooked up and legal as it's gonna get.

I headed to the local auto parts store to get a radiator cap and a Jesus clip for the choke. It was running so * and riding so good that I had to take it for a longer drive. I called two or three people, intending to stop by but they weren't home so I went over and woke Wayno up and took him for a little spin.

Man, there's nothing like the "first time".

Gilles

Congratulations Don, now you have to choose : the roadster for the summer and the coupe fo the winter? But as I remember there is not a winter at all in California!
Have a good time, a roadster is sometime hard when the weather not  good but most of the time it's the best car to drive.

:D Gilles :D

Roadstar

What! No pics.

You're slipping dude. :lol:

Sounds great. lets see a shot of the Finished? prouduct. :wink:

rooster

I guess this means alittle less flying next year!

DRD57

Quote from: "Roadstar"What! No pics.

You're slipping dude. :lol:

Sounds great. lets see a shot of the Finished? prouduct. :wink:

it was dark outside and I still have to paint the trunk lid before it's finished.

Dirk35

Congrats!

"Paint"?????

I thought you were going to leave it the green patina color?

Im getting closer to driving my 35 for the 1st time. Just so * many little things to do though!!!

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "DRD57"No, not the drive it around the block (or in my case around the parking lot) with no lights, throttle, shifter. windows, seat etc.

This was the first "official" drive on city streets with everything as hooked up and legal as it's gonna get.

I headed to the local auto parts store to get a radiator cap and a Jesus clip for the choke. It was running so * and riding so good that I had to take it for a longer drive. I called two or three people, intending to stop by but they weren't home so I went over and woke Wayno up and took him for a little spin.

Man, there's nothing like the "first time".

Sounds like fun, you didn't come by to ask any of us for a ride!!! and I WAS HOME TOO!!  :lol:  :lol:
Debb

Ohio Blue Tip

If you're going to stop by Debb's or any place this far north, please don't forget to change to your SNOW TIRES.

:roll:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

HotRodLadyCrusr

and bring a blanket for your lap  :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

DRD57

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"and bring a blanket for your lap  :wink:

You guys are really funny. It's 78 degrees here today. Why on earth would I want to go where it's cold?

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "DRD57"

You guys are really funny. It's 78 degrees here today. Why on earth would I want to go where it's cold?

Dont listen to them Don!!! It's not cold YET!!! :lol:
I wanna ride!!!!  :shock:
Debb

Crosley.In.AZ

this first drive is always the most  funnest.

paint?

No pictures?

:wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

slocrow

Quote from: "DRD57"Why on earth would I want to go where it's cold?

Maybe a more dense charge????  78 degrees, enjoy!
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

DRD57

Quote from: "Crosley"this first drive is always the most  funnest.

paint?

No pictures?

:wink:

Don't you all get worried that I'm painting it all nice and shiny or anything  like that. It's getting the same distressed treatment that the other new bits got.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "DRD57"

cuz Debb and I are here, and you just know in your heart that you wanna take us girls for a ride  :wink: ........... I have cookies  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.