Distressed Paint

Started by DRD57, November 12, 2004, 04:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

palm print in soft paint.  sounds about right to me.

Don is gonna be a eggspert on faux distressed paint by the time he is done.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

DRD57

47wood

Looks perfect ...You'll have a lotta fun driving that especially not having to worry about every little stone chip and scratch.  Congrats!!!   :b-d:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Bib_Overalls

Don,

You know that even if you say your deuce is finish painted and the interior is done the LA Roadsters are going to make you park outside.  What do they know about real hot rods.

My Blitz Black roadster got "belt buckled" on the driver side door.  So what.  The scratch just ads a little character.  

Bib
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Gilles

I'm impressed. It's hard to imagine that the trunk is new!
Now the wheels are the only parts looking new!

Gilles

DRD57

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Don,

You know that even if you say your deuce is finish painted and the interior is done the LA Roadsters are going to make you park outside.  What do they know about real hot rods.

My Blitz Black roadster got "belt buckled" on the driver side door.  So what.  The scratch just ads a little character.  

Bib

All the really cool cars park in the swap meet and in the specialty parking anyway. That's where it belongs.

I went on a really cool run through the mountains on Saturday with about 100 of the most * hot rods in the world. It rained a bit on the way home. One of my friends who owns a very * 34 3W higboy, that has received a lot of magazine exposure, was complaining yesterday about how dirty his car was and how much work it was going to be to clean the entire undercarriage. Mine pretty much looks the same way as it did before I left so, yesterday instead of cleaning it, I drove it some more.

OFOF

Quote from: "DRD57"It's done

Looks great Jr.  I'm ready for a ride.  You taking it to Del Mar?
Don Sr.
Don Palfreyman

purplepickup

Quote from: "DRD57"[It rained a bit on the way home. One of my friends was complaining about how dirty his car was ..... Mine pretty much looks the same way as it did before I left so, yesterday instead of cleaning it, I drove it some more.
Perfect.  It looks great!  You wouldn't want to sell that dirty old paint peeling heap would you?
....cheap of course :lol:
George

DRD57

Quote from: "OFOF"Looks great Jr.  I'm ready for a ride.  You taking it to Del Mar?
Don Sr.

I'm taking it EVERYWHERE!

DRD57

Quote from: "purplepickup"You wouldn't want to sell that dirty old paint peeling heap would you?
....cheap of course :lol:

Not in this lifetime.

Bob K

Don't want to be too oppertunistic about this but I'll take first dibs on the 2nd lifetime.

Don have you got a cd of the Ego pics? if so I'd like to buy one.

B :D B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

DRD57

Quote from: "Faat Rod"Don't want to be too oppertunistic about this but I'll take first dibs on the 2nd lifetime.

What makes you think you're going to be allowed to come back as a human being?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I was busy driving and running into walls so, I didn't get a whole bunch of good pictures. I'll mail you a CD with what I have.

Bob K

Quote from: "DRD57"
Quote from: "Faat Rod"Don't want to be too oppertunistic about this but I'll take first dibs on the 2nd lifetime.

What makes you think you're going to be allowed to come back as a human being?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I was busy driving and running into walls so, I didn't get a whole bunch of good pictures. I'll mail you a CD with what I have.

If not I'd like to be Jessica Simpson's bicycle seat.

Thanks I'll be looking for it. Didja get the coupe fixed yet??

B :roll: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

DRD57

Quote from: "Faat Rod"Didja get the coupe fixed yet??

I rebuilt the whole front suspension/steering/brakes and got it aligned. I still have to get some new front tires and fix the fenders.

grumpy

Quote from: "DRD57"
Quote from: "Faat Rod"Didja get the coupe fixed yet??

I rebuilt the whole front suspension/steering/brakes and got it aligned. I still have to get some new front tires and fix the fenders.

Don, you have no idea the smile the roadster brings to my face everytime I look at those pics!
It's perfect!
Tim
Howland Road Hounds
grumpy@zoominternet.net