Tonights episode of Rides.....

Started by Sean, February 17, 2004, 09:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Rides is worth watching tonight. Brizio is building a '32 for the Edelbrock Girls. they show a little more actual Building than the previous shows, plus they show the Edelbrock guys building the engine and Vic Jrs daughters running it on the Dyno.

I am over 1/2 through it and have yet to see a staged fight, or somebody having a fit about something stupid. They are actually acting like the professionals that they are for once...

HOTROD30

If only they could lower the volume of the background music.
HOTROD30

purplepickup

I liked it.  It was actually entertaining and no drama at all.  Nice looking car when it was done too.
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

I just got home from work a short time ago so I missed the 9pm episode but I guess I'll have to stay up late tonight and catch the midnite one.  Thanks guys, my lack of sleep tonite is cuz of you :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

It wasn't too bad, a few hokey bits and iffy dialogue. They need to get a writer who knows what's going on , not just the words. A little fluffy perhaps but pretty good. I've been to Roy'd shop a couple/three times and met him once about 20 years ago. My impression has always been that it's a pretty sincere group of guys. Roy comes from good stock, that's for sure.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Roadstar

Great show. Of course  I love 32 roadsters. Maybe I'm alittle bias.

rumrumm

I liked it as well. It was a far cry from the portrayal of Boyd's shop. Great car, but I would have gone for pinstripes myself.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

bombcan

I agree, one of the better ones yet.  Probably the only one that I would watch again.

beatnik

I watched the show last night as well, I thought it was pretty good.

I got a kick out of hearing that Jeff Beck is actually a hands on Gearhead.  Brizio mad it sound like Jeff Beck actually built the car himself, said he had his own hotrod shop at home and that he welds, paints and does wiring, that was pretty cool.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Sean

Yes, I was surprised at that too. You wouldn't think Beck would take any chances on messing up his Hands or Fingers.

river1

i agree it was a good one. brizio's crew sure make the guys at scotts (last weeks episode) look like amateurs.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Dont wanna toot my own horn but the painter was here last nite and he asked me if i saw the show. Im sorry i missed it. He said they built the car in nine months. I looked at him and he said no biggie dave did one in 3 and he works at a real job all day LOL.. I think mine was more like 6 months. I wish id known that was on though sounds like i missed a really good show....................
Dave