Bucket of steel and cast-iron shows up

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, November 03, 2004, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

This plastic bucket with steel & cast-iron in it show'd up today at my work place.... thanks to enjenjo
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I thought that was a neat way to ship it, leak proof, and all. the bucket originally held chocolate frosting, so it may smell good enough to eat :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

av8

Quote from: "enjenjo"I thought that was a neat way to ship it, leak proof, and all. the bucket originally held chocolate frosting, so it may smell good enough to eat :lol:

Years ago I bought a dozen of those buckets at the Pomona Swap Meet for fifty cents apiece. They had been used to ship processed strawberries to canneries. I had the best smelling garage in the neighborhood!

SKR8PN

Quote from: "enjenjo"I thought that was a neat way to ship it, leak proof, and all. the bucket originally held chocolate frosting, so it may smell good enough to eat :lol:

I wanna know what ya did with 5 gallons of chocolate frosting :lol:
On second thought............... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "SKR8PN"I wanna know what ya did with 5 gallons of chocolate frosting :lol:
On second thought............... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It wasn't him it was me and I ain't tellin.  :shock:

"It was me....I aint tellin" Sounds like it's going to be quite the "honeymoon"....Hope you survive :lol:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Fat Cat

Quote from: "40"Sounds like it's going to be quite the "honeymoon"....Hope you survive :lol:

Don't worry about me. I have been practicing for weeks.  :lol:

Bob Paulin

Quote from: "av8"
Years ago I bought a dozen of those buckets at the Pomona Swap Meet for fifty cents apiece. They had been used to ship processed strawberries to canneries. I had the best smelling garage in the neighborhood!

I usually head on up to my local Dunkin' Donuts store where they sell them for a dollar-or-so apiece.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

34ford

QuoteI usually head on up to my local Dunkin' Donuts store where they sell them for a dollar-or-so apiece.

Might want to keep an eye on the construction sites. Around here the drywall mud comes in 5 gallon plastic buckets. The house I have going right now has 36 5 gallon buckets of mud on site. I cleaned some up for a garage sale one time and put .25 on them and didn't sell any of them so I don't do that anymore. Usually we just throw them in the dumpster or the brick guys will take them sometimes. I have too many in the storage area already. The outside paint also comes in 5 gallon pails. If you get them the dried paint on the inside will peel out easily since it won't stick to plastic. One more bit of information. The printing on the outside of the buckets will usually clean off with lacquer thinner if you need a nice shinny look.

bob