RRT Auction: American Rodder color proofs

Started by av8, February 17, 2004, 08:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

av8

I have put together a group of small- and medium-size  Chroma-Key color-separation proofs from early issues of American Rodder magazine.  These are high-quality, one-off proofs that are made to assess the accuracy of each color separation.

In addition to the 21 Chroma-Keys, I'm including a 9 X 10-1/2 inch Color Key proof. Unlike a Chroma-Key where each of the three colors (blue [cyan], red, and yellow) is printed on a single glossy sheet, colors for a Color Key proof are on individual transparent film layers, stacked in precise registration to create the full-color image.

None of the proofs contain pinup girls. I know there are a lot of folks who objected to that aspect of American Rodder, and it wouldn't be fair to the successful bidder if he or she found some of the proofs objectionable.

The auction ends at midnight on Sunday, February 29. When the Franks notify me that they've received the funds from the successful bidder, I'll send that person the proofs.

Jimc

Some one has to start the bidding.
$50.00
Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

HotRodLadyCrusr

Jim, didn't your wife ban you recently from participating in Hot Rod auctions?  She is NOT going to be pleased!  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Jimc

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Jim, didn't your wife ban you recently from participating in Hot Rod auctions?  She is NOT going to be pleased!  :lol:
You may have got that from something Ryan said.
So far, she has not said anything.
She does question my sanity from time to time.
She is looking forward to yur visit.
(Iam too)
Jim

HotRodLadyCrusr

I was just yankin your chain bud, she's too sweet to give you too hard of a time when it comes to your passion.

I sure hope you do win cuz at least I'll have the opportunity to check them out in person in August.  Not to change the subject but will you ask your wife if it's ok to use her oven again while I'm there.  I'd like to make cookies again for the Drags.  Also, if it's ok, I plan on arriving on Thursday afternnon instad of Friday.  It will give us alittle more time to spend together, plus I want to be fresh for the Friday cruz thru the countryside that WZJunk and MoJunk are planning.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled auction  :D

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Jimc

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I was just yankin your chain bud, she's too sweet to give you too hard of a time when it comes to your passion.

I sure hope you do win cuz at least I'll have the opportunity to check them out in person in August.  Not to change the subject but will you ask your wife if it's ok to use her oven again while I'm there.  I'd like to make cookies again for the Drags.  Also, if it's ok, I plan on arriving on Thursday afternnon instad of Friday.  It will give us alittle more time to spend together, plus I want to be fresh for the Friday cruz thru the countryside that WZJunk and MoJunk are planning.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled auction  :D
She is looking forward to your visit.
(Iam too)
's ok. You can park Big Olds where you did last Aug.
Even have a lift now, if you want to check Big Olds bottom.

Jim

HotRodLadyCrusr

JimC.... your not going to let Mr Rivers steal this auction out from under you....are you?  I would hate to think that I would have to travel all the way to AZ to take a peak at these... but then again, Mr Rivers does have a hot tub I hear  :lol:

Jimc

av8

Let's keep it goin', boy and girls. All funds go to support the RRT.

river1

leave it to a woman to not keep her mouth shut!  :roll:

i'll go $100

later jim

HotRodLadyCrusr

Nor my fingers still.......

Come on Jim, I really wanna see those in person  :wink:

river1

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if you keep quiet i'll bring them to bonniville. :D

later jim

HotRodLadyCrusr

Promises, promises........

is that when I'll get a CD copy of your photos as well   :roll:  :wink:  :D

I'm planning on starting a Speed Week scrapbook soon and I'd like to have all the possible photos before I choose which ones I'll be using.  I plan on having it done by August and will bring it with me for everyone to enjoy.

Do you need my address again???  :roll:

Jimc

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Nor my fingers still.......

Come on Jim, I really wanna see those in person  :wink:
Tell em Denise made me do it.
$102.50