O/T no whining from you folks up North

Started by EMSjunkie, November 02, 2004, 08:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

You would'nt hardly recognize the place today. bout the only thing left out there is the two cement mushroom-lookin water towers on the north east corner of the old Air base. almost all the old buildings have been demolished.

I'm not suprised. I stopped by Williams Field a few years ago, and there is not much left there either.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Jimmy Jay

Whenever we complained about the weather at Shephard AFB in Wichita Falls, the TIs always told us we could be in Amarillo!  Something about marching in ankle deep mud in a snowstorm...

Never got to experience it, thankfully.

The white stuff will soon be here.

Jay
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.  :wink:

enjenjo

QuoteSomething about marching in ankle deep mud in a snowstorm...

I did  :lol:

Jimmy Jay

My sympathies, and salutations to a veteran from another.

Jay
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.  :wink:

36vicky

Quote from: "enjenjo"Sorry, but Amarillo didn't impress me. Not in 67 when I did basic training there, not in 70 when I nearly got snowed in there, not in 00 when I lost a U joint there, not in 01 when I went through a flood there.  you have worse weather there than we do here. :lol:

Basic training there in '67?  So did I.  Got there Dec 1.  Bad news was I'd be in basic over Christmas - good news was I'd be in (warm) Texas not in (cold) Iowa.  HA!  Every third guy in line got Amarillo.

Every morning when we got up we had to clear the snow off the (inside) of the window sill before inspection.  Then jump into our summer gear (the same stuff they issued the guys in San Antonio) and fall out to march to class.  Jan 17 they sent me to Shephard AFB in Wichita Falls.  Small world.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

enjenjo

I got there Jan 20, left Mar 03 for Lowrey AFB, Jul 03 to WurtsmithAFB, Mar 26 68 to Misawa AB Japan, Apr 10 70 to Williams AFB. Got out Jan 19 71.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I got there Jan 20, left Mar 03 for Lowrey AFB, Jul 03 to WurtsmithAFB, Mar 26 68 to Misawa AB Japan, Apr 10 70 to Williams AFB. Got out Jan 19 71.

sheesh, I was still in high school
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I got there Jan 20, left Mar 03 for Lowrey AFB, Jul 03 to WurtsmithAFB, Mar 26 68 to Misawa AB Japan, Apr 10 70 to Williams AFB. Got out Jan 19 71.

23 years old? or 24? :shock:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Crosley"sheesh, I was still in high school

And you would still be there if you had not given up chasing teenaged girls too.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"

23 years old? or 24? :shock:

????, Well lessee...I was still in highschool then too, I turned 18 six days after you got out of the Air Force. Guess math wasn't one of the requirements needed to get in the service back then huh?  :lol:
My  OLDER brother was in the Air Force at that time too, and he seems fairly smart....even though he does like Fords.
( I'm ducking now, before it's too late...)

enjenjo

QuoteMy OLDER brother was in the Air Force at that time too, and he seems fairly smart....

He seems smart to me too, not at all like you :twisted:

phat46

QuoteMy OLDER brother was in the Air Force at that time too, and he seems fairly smart....

He seems smart to me too, not at all like you :twisted:

Yeah, he mighta got the brains in the family, but I got the looks... :roll:

enjenjo

QuoteYeah, he mighta got the brains in the family, but I got the looks...

Wasn't much of that left was there? :lol:

river1

sheesh i was 8   :shock:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

QuoteYeah, he mighta got the brains in the family, but I got the looks...

Wasn't much of that left was there? :lol:

Just enough to keep from scareing little kids, but you gotta feel for my younger brother, not much of anything left for him; I take you were the youngest too...... :P