O/T no whining from you folks up North

Started by EMSjunkie, November 02, 2004, 08:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

This is off topic, but I hadta post this. today in Amarillo TX we received
8 inches of snow, along with 40 mph sustained winds, gusts over 50 mph.
where was the coldest place IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY TODAY?
Amarillo TX.  where was the only place in THE WHOLE COUNTRY, that got snow today? Amarillo TX. :shock:

OK, I feel better now.

Vance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"if life is a waste of time, and time is a wast of life, lets all get wasted and have the time of our lives"
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat rat

Glad to hear your feeling better in fact too help you feel better all winter those of us in the north would be happy to have you recieve our winter allotment of snow. :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

KustomLincolnLady

WOW snow in TX!!!! Glad it was you and not me! now I'm feeling better too, so thanks!!  :wink:  :lol:

debb

enjenjo

Sorry, but Amarillo didn't impress me. Not in 67 when I did basic training there, not in 70 when I nearly got snowed in there, not in 00 when I lost a U joint there, not in 01 when I went through a flood there.  you have worse weather there than we do here. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"Sorry, but Amarillo didn't impress me. Not in 67 when I did basic training there, not in 70 when I nearly got snowed in there, not in 00 when I lost a U joint there, not in 01 when I went through a flood there.  you have worse weather there than we do here. :lol:

But Amarillo LOVES YOU!!!
one nice thing about the TX panhandle, if you don't like the weather, just wait, it'll change! it was 68 Sunday, by 7 pm Monday it was 38.
supposed to be in the upper 40's tomorrow, and near 70 again by the weekend :lol:

nice thing about Amarillo, we get snow, but it don't stick around long.
some of you folks have snow on the ground for months at a time.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

enjenjo

Quotenice thing about Amarillo, we get snow, but it don't stick around long.

Yes, I know. I remember one time we had 6" of snow at 6 am, and the high that day was 66 degrees. It was all gone by noon. Of course we had to march in it all morning.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Ha ha, oops, i mean, uh,  gee that's too bad.
 I'm looking forward to some snow here, deer season is on and it's just not any fun hunting in short sleeves!!
We've already had a couple decent  snows in the U.P., hopefully there's about six inches when i get up to camp!
Meanwhile enjoy what little you get while you can. Lemme know if you need anymore in January  :lol:

purplepickup

I took this picture just outside of Amarillo this last AUGUST.  It got colder than heck suddenly then there was white stuff on the ground for about a mile.  Wierd.

George

47wood

Doesn't surprise me any.  Encountered snow there unexpectedly several times while passing through.  Then, of course, the usual number of cars and trucks slid off the road.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Bob Paulin

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

nice thing about Amarillo, we get snow, but it don't stick around long.

Vance

Months????

I've got a shady corner in the back of my property that still has a couple of inches snow left over from 1999.......8>)

LOL!!!!!!

B.P.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

kb426

In the 20 years that I raced, I was in Amarillo alot. I can't remember having 2 nice days in a row during the spring. One day was 80, the next 40. That said, I was always able to run good there. The same weather that caused you to be uncomfortable could let you run like hell.
TEAM SMART

lobucrod

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"This is off topic, but I hadta post this. today in Amarillo TX we received
8 inches of snow, along with 40 mph sustained winds, gusts over 50 mph.
where was the coldest place IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY TODAY?
Amarillo TX.  where was the only place in THE WHOLE COUNTRY, that got snow today? Amarillo TX. :shock:

OK, I feel better now.

Vance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"if life is a waste of time, and time is a wast of life, lets all get wasted and have the time of our lives"

We live about 20 miles east of Lubbock and here is a pic we took yesterday am.

Crafty

8 inches ? neat. If we had that here the whole place would stop for like a week... wouldn't be able to get to work.. could just manage to get to the garage though.. hmm.. send it over!! :D

EMSjunkie

Yes, I know. I remember one time we had 6" of snow at 6 am, and the high that day was 66 degrees. It was all gone by noon. Of course we had to march in it all morning.[/quote]

You would'nt hardly recognize the place today. bout the only thing left out there is the two cement mushroom-lookin water towers on the north east corner of the old Air base. almost all the old buildings have been demolished.

Vance

"if life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, lets all get wasted and have the time of our life"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "purplepickup"I took this picture just outside of Amarillo this last AUGUST.  It got colder than heck suddenly then there was white stuff on the ground for about a mile.  Wierd.

Come thru here after one of our famous hail storms, did ya?
last June we had hail the size of softballs here. busted out approx. 700 windows at one of the local hospitals. had one of our Ambulances out in it, literally beat the grill out and beat the light bar off the roof . not a good place to be in a Rod!

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders