What happened to the form????????

Started by slocrow, November 02, 2004, 08:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

I see we're back up but several postings that were there before the last shut down, are now missing?????????
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Crosley.In.AZ

the board is having server troubles. what eggzackly I do not know yet.

enjenjo & fatcat are working on the problem
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

slocrow

Quote from: "Crosley"enjenjo & fatcat are working on the problem

So I'm reading your post, get to the above spot and start chuckleing. I just can't help it. I think the board problem has got something to do with retirement. Enjenjos, not mine......

enjenjo

The host company is trying to install new software on the server, when they do, it crashes, and they go back to the last version saved. There may be other things involved, but that is the most consistant story we are getting. We are looking at alternatives, but haven't picked one yet.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

slocrow

Quote from: "enjenjo"when they do, it crashes, and they go back to the last version saved.

So, that being said I assume you would probably agree that one should save to their own computer any posts that are lengthy or important, so as to be able to re-post them again, if another crash occurs and the fall back position is assumed......

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"The host company is trying to install new software on the server, when they do, it crashes, and they go back to the last version saved. There may be other things involved, but that is the most consistant story we are getting. We are looking at alternatives, but haven't picked one yet.

wow!!! that round was awful!!!!!!
Debb  
I missed you guys  :roll:  :shock:  :shock:

enjenjo, assuming they won't be getting the lost stuff back?? any ideas?

enjenjo

Quoteenjenjo, assuming they won't be getting the lost stuff back?? any ideas?

It's gone for good. 40Chevy lost a post twice, he reposted it just before it went down the second time.

alchevy

Let us know when things get back to "near" normal (after the upgrade). I may try to post the post again then.

Have y'all noticed that the times of post are off by several hours?
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quoteenjenjo, assuming they won't be getting the lost stuff back?? any ideas?

It's gone for good. 40Chevy lost a post twice, he reposted it just before it went down the second time.

I had an email that I had a P.M. if whoever sent that sees this can you resend it please  :roll:

Things are outta control LOL :P
Debb

Does this mean I lost my free car  :cry:   :?  :twisted:

GPster

If the once a year asking for support needs to come early, so be it. I don't want this bothersome commitment to be bothering anyone on November 22. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"If the once a year asking for support needs to come early, so be it. I don't want this bothersome commitment to be bothering anyone on November 22. GPster

At this time, money isn't the issue, at least from our side.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "GPster"If the once a year asking for support needs to come early, so be it. I don't want this bothersome commitment to be bothering anyone on November 22. GPster

Joe your so darn thoughtful!!!!!  :wink:
Debb

Fat Cat

Things that were here but are not now are gone forever. They are aware of how * at them I am. It looks like I will have to look into alternate hosting. I don't like it but it appears I have no choice. It will not happen for some time thought. I am just to busy right now to make the changes. I am going to try to make backups of the forum regularly. That way if it goes down again I atleast have a save point, and if it goes does for to long I can get another host and just move the data to their server.

As far as payment for the hosting that is not a problem. The server is paid for until the end of January 2005.

I am sorry for the inconvience, but it is basically out of my control.

GPster

Joe your so darn thoughtful!!!!!  :wink:
Debb[/quote]   It's had to say what I'll remember; Like, you and Rob just got another Lincoln but didn't get the title for it yet. I think it's frustrating to do something nice for someone and not even have it noticed so I work hard at noticing. I have friends here. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"I see we're back up but several postings that were there before the last shut down, are now missing?????????

Man you need to get a life Dude  :lol:
I guess i was so busy this weekend when I tried to check in and couldnt I just got another beer and did something else :?:  Ha I had so many beers I cant even remember what I did :idea:  Oh ya then it went down last nite ? What day and year is this anyway..
Instead of going nuts cause the board is down maybe you should try reading sumpin like automotive repair 101.... Or how bout one of boyds hot to build a hot rod books then you would know the difference tween a 4 bar and a triangulated 4 bar... Or maybe you could install the trunk opener youve had since september :D
Dave