Welcoming myself aboard Part II

Started by 41woodie, October 27, 2004, 08:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41woodie

Someone was nice enough to ask me to post pictures of my present cars. (I thought you'd never ask)!!  Hope I do this right.

58 Yeoman

Nice collection, Woody.  I like the Poncho most.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

tom36

Welcome to the board.  Super collection!  Tom..

47wood

Nice rides Mike.  Thanks for posting.  What is powering your '41?   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

41woodie

A LOT of very nice comments about my cars.  Thanks to all of you it is very easy on the ears.

About the cars/truck, all three are running 350/350s.  I've done the most work on the woodie as it was in pretty bad condition (or I couldn't have afforded it) when I traded for it about 10 years ago.  The trade was made at the NSRA nats in Loisville and we ended up cutting the power steering belt off the car and driving all of the way back to Oklahoma without power steering.  Virtually everything under the car has been rebuilt or re-engineered to correct some terrible mistakes.  New interior, stereo, steering, engine, transmission, sway bars, panhard bar, instruments and extensive repair to frame. I'm not sure how the guy got it to Loisville because it was dangerous. Until we cut the belt off the steering would lock up on center which is great fun at 70 mph

The '64 is pretty much as I purchased it, chopped top and all other than correcting a badly rusted gas tank, gummed up carburetor, poor instrument install & wiring and changing to new American Salt-Flats which really improved the appearance.

The Pontiac is pretty much as purchased (I haven't even changed the oil since I bought it)  Just got it in June of this year and have taken it to the Pontiac Nationals in Joplin and for the most part drive it every day.

The main thing is the cars are fun, they are not even remotely close to perfect but suit me just fine and who can tell they aren't perfect when they go by at 70. MH

Charlie Chops 1940

Like them all. Always liked '54 Pontiacs, but the rust mites pretty much got them all in Michigan by the early/mid 60's. I had a '56 Chevy in '61 and it had already been rusted and repaired above the headlights.

Nice cars and truck. Welcome aboard.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Sean

Cool truck...

I have a '65 that I have been doing a little at a time on for several years now. I have gotten as far as putting a 350 and th350 tranny in it, Aluminum radiator, Detroit Locker, and cut a 16gal Aluminum Fuel Cell into the Bed. The only body work I have managed so far is the Roll pan I made out of 16g, and welding up all the holes from the trim.

I am seriously considering pulling the bed off this winter (Ice + Locker = Wreck) and cutting two feet out of it and the frame. Might not look quite right though because I intend on cutting it all out from in front of the wheel well. Hopefully it will make it look like an altered wheel base instead of just looking goofy, but I am not sure yet. I guess i'll have to do some photoshop work and see before I start cutting.

If I have to cut it twice to make it look right, I think I would be better off finding a shortbed and just cutting the frame down....

enjenjo

I went the other way on my 62 F series, I left the wheelbase alone, put a short bed on it, and extended the front of the bed 6 inches, and cut 12 inches off the rear of the frame. I liked the look.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.