It's over... Phat Rat & uklian won

Started by purplepickup, February 17, 2004, 04:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

The auction is to raise money to help support the expenses for RRT.  It is for one McMaster Carr catalog, #106.  I have two catalogs so the two highest bids, even if they are the same, will each get one.   The winners will send the money they bid to Fat Cat for site support and I'll pay all the shipping charges in the lower 48 United States.  Since shipping the 8 pound catalog overseas is around $40, I'll split that cost with the winner if they are from outside the US.  I'm not sure what the shipping costs are to Canada, but if they're reasonable, I'll cover that.   If not, I'll split it.

Before the crash, the auction was supposed to run for one more day but I'm going to run it until 10PM Saturday night to give it another chance.    There were 4 bids as of the morning of the crash.   Unkl Ian opened the bidding with $20, Land Yacht bid $25, akaplan bid $40, and Phat Rat bid $45.  
So, if anyone was thinking of sending Fat Cat a donation, this is a good way to do it and get a "gift" to boot.    

If you're not familiar with McMaster Carr, they're a large industrial supply company. The catalog has 3528 pages of all sorts of neat stuff and they're pretty hard to get.  I get one catalog per year thru work and that's it.  They have a  website but the catalog is real handy if you don't know for sure what you're looking for and want to get ideas. Descriptions and technical info is awesome. It's the most used catalog I've got.  They're a year old but they don't change that much every year so they still stock everything that's in it. McMaster Carr is the best run company, bar none, that I've ever seen. They treat you right and ship the same day you order.  

Once you have their catalog, you'll never be without one. For reference, here's one that was on ebay recently.
George

phat rat

OK George not sure exactly where things are here (think I'm second right now) so I'll kick my bid to $55
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat rat"OK George not sure exactly where things are here (think I'm second right now) so I'll kick my bid to $55

Jack, you were already the high bidder at $45 so you'll have to decide if you want to bump your own bid up or go with your original bid, but post it here so there isn't any confusion.  The auction is over at 10PM tonight (Saturday)

I bumped my own bid up at a farm auction once by scratching my head.  :roll:  They let me take it back tho.
George

GPster

We bought a house and property at a Sheriff's Auction one time. The opening bid was to be $10,000.00 and we made it. The room was full but no one else was bidding. The sheriff kept looking for an $11.00.00 bid and my wife almost gave it because she confused herself. GPster

phat rat

Ah we'll let it stand, might need too anyway and I'm not at home. It's for a good cause anyway.

purplepickup

It's after 10 PM so the auction is over.  Phat Rat and unklian are the two winners at $55 each. You guys can contact Fat Cat about sending him the money and I'll ship you each a catalog.   You can email me with the address you want me to send it to.  My email address is on my profile.

Thanks for supporting the board guys and trust me, you'll like the catalogs.  When you order from them, they might ask you what company you work for but just tell them it's a personal order.
:b-d:
George

phat rat

unklian

unklian

Money sent today,via Snail Mail,to Fat Cat World Headquarters. :D

Fat Cat

I received a check today from Phat Rat. Thanks for the support Jack. George of you had not already sent it out I have payment.

purplepickup

I haven't sent Jack's yet because I keep forgetting to take it to work to ship it.  Unklian is picking his up at Autorama this weekend.  I trust them so I wasn't waiting for them to pay.  You can take the auction down now if you want.

Thanks again guys :D
George

Fat Cat

I just want to thank everyone involved with this auction. George thanks to putting the catalogs up. Unklian and Phat Rat thanks for your bids and payments.

phat rat

Quote from: "purplepickup"I haven't sent Jack's yet because I keep forgetting to take it to work to ship it.  Unklian is picking his up at Autorama this weekend.  I trust them so I wasn't waiting for them to pay.  You can take the auction down now if you want.

Thanks again guys :D

George, glad to see I'm not the only one with CRS. And just think your still a young pup.  :lol:

purplepickup

Well, this young pup finally remembered to bring it to work.  Now all I have to do is remember to take it to the mailroom.  

All this remembering is giving me a headache :)
George