wagons

Started by alchevy, October 24, 2004, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but where I live, wagons are hot! Purplepickup might of started something.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

jaybee

Thanks for the pics.  I particularly like the Ford, although it's hard to top a clean Chevy II.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

Quote from: "40chevy".......where I live, wagons are hot! Purplepickup might of started something.
I'm sure I didn't start anything but I've always liked wagons.  Here's a picture of my first car.  

When I saw the Rambler we fell in love and it followed me home. :shock:   We're still in love.  Your post reminds me that I should take a couple pictures of it.  I haven't taken any since I've owned it.

Jaybee, have you done much to the '57 you've got?  I know you've had a pretty full plate for the last year or so.
George

alchevy

http://www.vicksburgcruisers.com/scarecrow.htm
Go to this link to see some pictures from a car show I went to on Saturday in Madison, MS.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

Quote from: "40chevy"I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but where I live, wagons are hot! Purplepickup might of started something.

Don't my Buick count? I've had it 4 years now :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "40chevy"I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but where I live, wagons are hot! Purplepickup might of started something.

Don't my Buick count? I've had it 4 years now :lol:

Yeah Frank you're the trend setter....soon it'll be the hot thing to mow your lawn in the buff!!! :shock:

SKR8PN

I "inherited" a wagon here a few weeks back............
Well,almost a wagon,it's a 1951 Pontiac Sedan Delivery. Sort of a rare bird,but I haven't decided for sure just WHAT I'm going to do with it. I ran it thru E-bay,but without a title,it didn't bring much,so I kept it. I am working on the title thing,and the more I look at it,the more it's kinda growing on me. It is fairly complete with all the hard to find stuff still with it,along with a LOT of NOS stuff...........I need another project,like I need another hole in my head :lol:

If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

58 Yeoman

Jim, back in the early 90's, I applied for a duplicate title for a VW Ghia.  We knew who had the title, but couldn't contact them.  State said if he came and claimed the car, it was his; he never came, and I sold the car to someone else, who transferred the title to himself with no probs.

On my Chevy, I sold my car (on paper) to a corp. in AL, who got the necessary paperwork in that state, then sold it back to me for a fee.  I took their paperwork to the Sec. of State, and got an IL title.  My Chevy had a salvage title from Arkansas, or somewhere, I can't remember.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

32 Chevy

Yeah, Wagons are hot! Here are a couple of photos on my 56 ranchwagon, as found in Nebraska 4 years a go and as it looks like now. This is why i need someone to get the 302 H.O. in Chicago for me- I want to pupp the 302 that is in the car now and replace it with an H.O.

My ranchwagon is my daily driver, plus my wife and i like to take our vacations in it. Last year we went down the Oregon Coast and this year through the Washington backraods int Idaho. Pretty cool, and we can take all of our stuff and tow a boat, too!

Cheers,
Dave R

jaybee

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "40chevy"Jaybee, have you done much to the '57 you've got?  I know you've had a pretty full plate for the last year or so.

Thanks for asking, George.  Unfortunately I've done nothing but some disassembly and cleanup.  Haven't even had time to rake leaves this fall and I only check the RRT every few days.  I've learned that it's REALLY difficult to take a stagnant, mediocre organization and get the people to adopt a mindset that leads to success.

It's almost completely designed in my head and on paper, however.  The plan remains Pro Touring with fiberglass tilt front, Explorer rear end (for its rear disks), bucket seats with custom console, dash-top tach, five-spokes, and other "racy" touches.

A day doesn't go by that I don't get a little irritated that I'm not making progress but I won't give up.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Leon

Not sure If I've ever posted a picture of mine here before, so here it goes.  On turn 8A at Laguna Seca

MrMopar64

Yeah wagons are KOOL!!!!!!  (or is that HOT!!!)  :D  :D

MM64  8)

www.rgkustoms.com/rambler
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

alchevy

Quote from: "32 Chevy"Yeah, Wagons are hot! Here are a couple of photos on my 56 ranchwagon

I know, we all do it...we read the instructions after trying several other ways. Done it myself. After trying to attach photos several times and it not working, I finally read the instructions and then an amazing thing happened...it worked! The trick is the size of the pictures (i.e. width x height). Try it again and see with a smaller picture.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Check these out.

www.astreetrodder.com