1960 Chevy Impala Ignition Swithch

Started by WZ JUNK, October 20, 2004, 06:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I need a complete, with key, ignition switch for a 1959 or 1960 Impala.  I have been searching the internet and I have tried a couple of electrical suppliers and restoration supplies but I have not found one yet.  I need a source or supplier.  Does any one  of you know where I can find an ignition switch? TIA
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

You have a factory part number? I have some new old stock GM switches, but no idea what they fit.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"You have a factory part number? I have some new old stock GM switches, but no idea what they fit.

To be specific, it does not need to be one for a 59/60 but it does need to have the little ears on each side of the key.  The old type switch that you can turn on the switch without the key if you do not have it in the lock position.   It is what the owner of the Willys wants.  I have looked some more on the net and none of the Chevy restoration supplies have them.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

MrMopar64

www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

MrMopar64

www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

DanO

John did you try Riediger in Diamond?

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "DanO"John did you try Riediger in Diamond?

I called Bumper to Bumper this morning and they said that they would have me one in the morning for $35.  They are bringing nearly that on ebay.  Thanks
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck