Wiring thoughts

Started by 48builder, October 19, 2004, 12:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I'm in the process of modifying my Z28's wiring harness to use in the '48. Looks like it will work fine, but I think a Helms manula would be a big help. Anybody know of a soruce for them? At the Helms web site they are $135! When I looked for one a few years back they were $95 and I thought that was bad.

I'm just going to take out the SIR wiring. I know that is not tied into the PCM.

Then I figure I'll take out all the ABS wiring. There are a lot of wires going to the EBCM, and I shouldn't need any of those. I'll use the main power feed to the EBCM as a source for moonroof and seat power. I don't think that is tied into the PCM if you don't have traction-control.

I'm getting closer to getting this thing fired up for the first time!
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

phat46

Quote from: "48builder"I'm in the process of modifying my Z28's wiring harness to use in the '48. Looks like it will work fine, but I think a Helms manula would be a big help. Anybody know of a soruce for them? At the Helms web site they are $135! When I looked for one a few years back they were $95 and I thought that was bad.
PCM.

Have you checked the library yet? I thought i had seen all the manuals at the local library, then I was helping my daughter reserch the history of her house in the reference section....lo and behold that's where all the really technical manuals are!!!! The huge  four inch thick ones that are specifically for wiring, emissions, etc.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "48builder"I'm in the process of modifying my Z28's wiring harness to use in the '48. Looks like it will work fine, but I think a Helms manula would be a big help. Anybody know of a soruce for them? At the Helms web site they are $135! When I looked for one a few years back they were $95 and I thought that was bad.

I bought the Factory manual for my Caprice donor car on ebay for $45.  It was used but in good condition and I saved a $100.  There are auto booksellers that regularly sell on ebay and sometimes they have a link to their own site where you can find other titles that they do not currently have listed on ebay.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH