Question on vehicle that quits randomly

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, August 19, 2024, 11:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Buddy of mine has this quad cycle with 4 wheels , 2 person cycle.  Bought off Craigs List in like new condition.

He learned the cycle company offered a electric motor conversion. He Bought that. 48 volt power.

Since he put this together, as you drive it, the cycle shuts off, stops mid ride.  You push the "on" button.... the cycle starts and runs again. Then quits again.

He has checked power connections twice. Found a weak Lithium battery , replaced it.

Here is my question:  I asked him if he got the cycle fixed or not since he had not mentioned it for 10 days or so.  He says "it is not really broke".. It just shuts off. What??  He thinks it is not broken ?

I told him if his current 2023 Chevy CUV vehicle or his 2011 Dodge truck randomly shut off as he drove it, but restarted and drove again.. He would be thinking "it is broke"

We have this disagreement on words I guess?  It needs fixed.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

My battery powered tools will quit if the bit or blade gets in a bind.  Let up on the trigger and hit it again, and it goes.  I wonder if something binds every now and then? Does the chain have a stiff link?  Or something similar?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on August 20, 2024, 04:23:37 AMMy battery powered tools will quit if the bit or blade gets in a bind.  Let up on the trigger and hit it again, and it goes.  I wonder if something binds every now and then? Does the chain have a stiff link?  Or something similar?

No tightness in the chain..

The quad cycle electric power system shuts off.  It may be 3 minutes, it may 8 minutes.  Push the power button and the cycle powers away.  Sounds broke to me?

He has some electric cable coming from china. He says the speed-o for the system is not hooked up because the cables were short. He thinks the missing speed-o is cause the system shuts off ?

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)