2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Sadly 10 days ago , my cousin's only grand child was found dead at home.  She was in her early 30s of age , single, no children, 2 cats, she was an only child.  Hard worker, fun gal, liked to travel and party.  We did not know her well 1 on 1. I knew her mainly thru her grandmother's eyes and frequent emails from grandma  over the years.

Some medical event took her life.. Just sad.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Crosley , sorry to hear of your cousins loss. It is sad when a parent loses a child .

chimp koose

KB I had thought I might do the INDUMA raised lettering on the mill in 'Flake but it will have to be a slow day for that to happen . Not high on the list for now. Other  things I have thought about are mounting an old instructional aid 3' long 1" micrometer and 6' long 6" vernier caliper outside ,above the garage door along with my mini chopper . The chopper would be buried in 'Flake ! 8)  8)  8) For now I will have to deal with setting up the inside of the shop so I can start machining again.

jaybee

Wow, Tony, I'm very sorry to hear of her passing. Incredibly sad, and far, far too young.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Been rainy , cloudy around here for a week now. It would be in high 80s during the day , the rain in the afternoon..  We enjoy it too.  :shock:

Other day I repaired the last strap on my cover for the 5th wheel hitch in my truck.  Same process I posted earlier. Pop rivets on the new strap material.  I doubt the whole cover lasts another year from the AZ sun
Tony

jaybee

Remnants of Hurricane Debby should be arriving overnight. I think I'll stay inside.

58 Yeoman

Almost three weeks in the hospital again and I want to spend more time outside. July 30 went back in with the chest tube infected, took that one out and put three more in, found hole and stapled it closed, just got out today with no tubes.  They don't even let you step outside for a minute.  I've got to build up my strength again to start doing thing around the house.  Geez, it's hard enough just to walk the 200' to the mailbox.

Tony, sorry to hear of your cousin's passing.  Way too young.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Sorry to hear you had to go through that again. It takes forever to come back from that.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on August 10, 2024, 06:47:28 PMAlmost three weeks in the hospital again and I want to spend more time outside. July 30 went back in with the chest tube infected, took that one out and put three more in, found hole and stapled it closed, just got out today with no tubes.  They don't even let you step outside for a minute.  I've got to build up my strength again to start doing thing around the house.  Geez, it's hard enough just to walk the 200' to the mailbox.

Tony, sorry to hear of your cousin's passing.  Way too young.

Wow Phil , this has been a H of an ordeal for you.  Keep moving forward..

8)
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

New battery in to the F350 today.  It tested OK , little low on voltage.  About 10 months ago I noticed some acid had bubbled up on to the top...  Today I found 2 sides were slight bulge out. 3.7 yrs on the OEM battery.  I have never got an OEM battery to last that long in 25 yrs. Usually 11 to 14 months is it for OEM battery

New AGM from Auto Zone. Group 65 , 750 CCA..  Why Auto Zone?  I look for store availability if we are traveling. I try to use Walmart batterys. They are good item.  Walmart has stores in many locations.  Auto Zone is my 2nd go to on a few items . Many stores around.

The insulatore for the OEM battery was some what soaked with battery acid, so it was tossed

8)
Tony

jaybee

Dang, Phil, sure hope they have you fixed up soon. That sounds absolutely miserable.

58 Yeoman

Thanks, jaybee, they said they got it this time.  We went to a flea market today so I could walk around, and lo and behold, one of the food trucks was selling funnel cakes.  I like to have one once a year for my junk food fix.  We had gone to our local two county fair in July to have one, but they weren't selling them yet.  Couldn't make the other fairs, so I said what the h*ll.  Dang it, they got pricey. $8 for one, and the vendor said they marked them down from $12 they were charging the music venue.  Appetite being bad as it is, I did eat most of it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Phil. I'm glad they threw you out of there. Must have been good behavior. Hope you have continued progress. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I spent some time in the garage today sorting parts into drawers and labelling them . Got most of the storage totes emptied into drawers labelled by the project vehicle and what is in the drawer . I have an old cabinet from a drafting room that has 40 drawers about 16" square by 6"  deep. Starting to see the floor in my shop again . Now only if the wiring guy would show up again !

Crosley.In.AZ

Been calm here for a few daze... Weather has been stormy still... Cooler

Couple of non car projects coming up in september.. Will see if that comes together.  :lol:

Fed-X arrived here at 7:30pm. Dark out. A Package from Harbor Freight.  Local HF store was out of a few items , so I ordered them delivered.

4 days ago , I start to receive a shat load of text msg from my brother and niece (their daughter)..  My brother's wife tripped and fell. Some how the vacuum was involved, I am still not sure if she fell on or tripped over the vacuum.  She is in rehab now. Fractured knee cap, below the knee the small leg bone is fractured too. No surgery needed, leg is in a brace.  She is already in rehab facility.

As most of us here (?)  Know getting old aint for sissies.

8)
Tony