Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Geeez Louise Phil.. Sorry to hear the lung issue continues. Take care

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

I have an Amazon package that was to arrived this past thrusday... Via UPS delivery.

UPS sends a notice on wednesday that due to weather in Texas , the package would be 1 day late, delver on friday.

Friday I receive a notice that due IT problems , the package will now deliver on tuesday July 23rd..

Earlier there was a large network outage that affected various businesses.  Car dealers, etc.  Now: we have a serious IT problem that affects a huge amount of companies, public and private.

This stuff kinda worries me a bit as to how far it really will go?  Major electric grid failure via sabotage? 
Tony

58 Yeoman

Thanks, Tony.  Our Verizon cell phones still aren't working. I agree that the bad guys are working at shutting down more important stuff.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

I sold my Fox Mustang body shell today. It only took 9 weeks
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

@Tony, the IT/internet shutdown was massive, and accidentally caused by one of the world's largest internet security companies, Crowdstrike. Short version, they screwed up bad by issuing a faulty update to run on a little-used computer platform known as Windows...

On the topic of UPS, though, their service has gotten really bad. A week almost never goes buy that I don't send at least one UPS package, many of which are time sensitive. Their service has deteriorated badly at the same time they've increased their prices by about 50%.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: jaybee on July 21, 2024, 09:37:03 PM@Tony, the IT/internet shutdown was massive, and accidentally caused by one of the world's largest internet security companies, Crowdstrike. Short version, they screwed up bad by issuing a faulty update to run on a little-used computer platform known as Windows...

On the topic of UPS, though, their service has gotten really bad. A week almost never goes buy that I don't send at least one UPS package, many of which are time sensitive. Their service has deteriorated badly at the same time they've increased their prices by about 50%.

Yeah , I read the reports put out on the IT problem.. For some reason I am doubtful we are getting the full accurate information ?  I have become more cynical over the decades.  Not sure it is warrantied here or not.

On the UPS shipment : Just this monday morning received another notice that my package will now be 1 more day late. Will deliver on wednesday now?  Which is weird since tracking shows the package arrived up here in the mountain UPS distribution complex on saturday morning.  The package should deliver today between 5:30 and 6:30pm, maybe yes, maybe no ?

It is chilly here this morning.  55* at the moment.

8)
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: Crosley.In.AZ on July 22, 2024, 08:20:50 AMOn the UPS shipment : Just this monday morning received another notice that my package will now be 1 more day late. Will deliver on wednesday now?  Which is weird since tracking shows the package arrived up here in the mountain UPS distribution complex on saturday morning.  The package should deliver today between 5:30 and 6:30pm, maybe yes, maybe no ?

It is chilly here this morning.  55* at the moment.

8)

Well , at 6:05pm local time my tardy package arrived.  I received a notice from Amazon this monday morning  telling me : Hey ! Your package will arrive today... !  :lol:

I have new items ordered from Amazon. Tracking tells me it will deliver on Saturday.  I have never seen the UPS trucks around here on Saturday.  May be delayed again?

:shock:
Tony

chimp koose

loaded up one chopper and took it to its home . It is the one I have been building for a buddy of mine . 110" evo made to look like a pan head ( my favorite) , dynoed to 100 horse . Springer front and rear looks to be hard tail but suspension is underslung beneath engine /trans . This bike has all kinds of pointy ends on everything . During the build it got the name Vlad the Impaler . I have opened myself up countless times on the pointies on this bike . It bit me again today. Tomorrow we bring the chopper I am building for my son home . I can not seem to walk past this bike without scraping myself on the beautiful pointy rear axle . Did it again today . Oh yes gentlemen this bike will be bathed in metalflake  8)  8)  8) . suzuki gs1000 motor and trans, hard tail w /John Harmon springer front . This baby is over 8' long . This move will have emptied my shop of 19 years of most all I still have there . Just a few pictures to take down and I am gone .

58 Yeoman

I am officially a member of the ADA Geezer generation.  Had a Clear Caption phone installed today.  My last pair of hearing aids had a program where I would mount a small round magnet to the receiver, and when I put the receiver to my ear, the magnet would make my hearing aids louder.  My new hearing aids are smaller and no room for that program.

ADA supplied the phone free of any charges ever, and they even installed it.  Now to see how I like it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

I epoxied bare spots on cab and put together what bed parts we have yesterday. Back to bondo. Last body I did is still abandoned, post-bondo, right where I left it. Not feeling real useful or wanted. West coast hires are pushing to out me, I can tell. Had a flat on the 69 Sunday but at least made it to the garage. Tire hunt starts when work week ends. As the stress of going to court nears, temptation to pay my extortion fee to the city and endorse/believe lies about myself over a seatbelt increases. Resistance is futile. I am convinced of my inferiority and wickedness and can only embrace others' opinions as my own. Mine don't matter, I'm an awful person. :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

We been out looking at houses...  Found one with small shop in back.  Guy worked on used Appliances.

This old wringer washer was sitting in the back.  Mom had one in the 1950 & 60s like many households did.

Few other older machines too.. Remember the front loaders that had slanted fronts on them?
Tony

idrivejunk

How do you make a carriage bolt arrangement even more silly? Put it through an eight-notched washer, of course. And wood.  :roll:

Figured I'd best shuck the GMC bed first of all. Of course it had a half ton of junk in it to unload first.
Matt

idrivejunk

Eventually I figured out why the washers are that way. While mindlessly slathering roof mud.

Here is a thinker for you now:

Wood is the rarest material in the universe. Only happens here. It's companion, fire, is the same way. Things "burn" via chemical reactions in space but fire is also unique to here.

So sayeth the interweb. Hmmm.
Matt

WZ JUNK

I looked at a clone 1965 GTO convertible yesterday.  I thought about buying it to make some money. It needed a few things, and it was a very reasonable price, but I want to work on other things.  Years ago I would have been all over it.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I have been watching a69 Buick Skylark GS. It has not sold yet. Mainly because it has a 350 Buick rather than the 455 it came with. I happen to have a NOS 455 Buick short block and a complete 455 for the rest of the parts needed. The 69 looks to be a solid car.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.