2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I may finish up this side of the 68 Chevy cab today. Sectioned floor pan braces and pillar bottoms. Replacing inner and outer rocker and cab corner patch.
Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Thanks, Bill.  :)

I did not finish today but did get good results. Butt weld on cab corner left to do, then grind everything topside. Done underneath. Reinstalled door before welding outer rocker and it needed a little more attention.

Another boothload of 56 stuff got shot today. Hood and bed parts. Should be one more to finish the bed. Then accent color parts but I think theres a two-tone on bumpers brewing.  :idea: :shock:  :arrow:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

We bought an ice maker that sits on the counter for the RV use. It makes ice quickly. About 15 minutes we have some ice.

I noticed this label on the side of it. About flammable refrigerant is used.

:o
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Warshed and waxed the bed of the F-350 today. Its the size of a small car.  Will warsh the front of the truck saturday?

I also bleed - flushed the rear brakes of the Civic car..  CHecked the brakes, bushings, shocks , etc for probelms.  123k miles.  It all looks fine.  Wish I could say the same for the paint on the roof. Sun is hurting the roof and trunk paint.  Weird ?
Tony

chris spokes

nice work there Matt looks like it was done by some one who hates bondo work lol 8)  8)  8)
he who has the most toys wins

kb426

I changed the rear tire and tube on the DR650 this afternoon. I do this about once every 5 years and I forgot the secrets. It took twice as long. :) I ordered the tire and tube last week planning on running the back tire a while longer. On tuesday, I went for a ride in the country. On wednesday I found a 3" long nail in that tire. So much for using it a while longer. The inner tube arrived today so the change was at the top of the list. :) Truck looks good, Matt.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

maintenance on my shop vacuum.. I got this vacuum used,  20 yrs ago (at least) from a shop I helped clear out for a friend. He owned the property and it was a repair shop he rented out. All the small stuff was mine to take to clear the shop that was left behind. 

After I got the vacuum home: All I did is disassemble enough to oil the motor, replace the filter and its run like a champ since.  Filter is getting a little rough again.

:wink:   :wink:   :wink:
Tony

58 Yeoman

I run bags in my shop vacs, it sure saves the filters, making them last a lot longer.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

Tony, I have used a shop vac like that from Sears for many years.  I bang the filter out on a fence post when I dump the contents, then I blow the filter out with an air hose.  I think over the last 25 years I have replaced the filter 3 times. I am sure that this is not the best practice but it has worked for me.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

Somebody who will never be punished for it did a hit and run on my parked GT. Hopped in to make a breakfast run but it won't move. Mental health progress is dropping like a lead brick. Holding off the fury as best I can but that stuff is strong poison to me. >:(

Glad I had made a positive post or two and thanks guys. :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: WZ JUNK on April 23, 2023, 07:10:31 AMTony, I have used a shop vac like that from Sears for many years.  I bang the filter out on a fence post when I dump the contents, then I blow the filter out with an air hose.  I think over the last 25 years I have replaced the filter 3 times. I am sure that this is not the best practice but it has worked for me.

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on April 22, 2023, 10:10:55 PMI run bags in my shop vacs, it sure saves the filters, making them last a lot longer.

At one time I used vacuum bags over this filter... Remember when house vacuums had bags in them?  The new swirly gig vacuums seem to function without the old style bags?

John...  I wack this filter on the cement and then use compressed air on it.  Even my wife said: " that filter looks used up"

8)  8)  :arrow:
Tony

chimp koose

Matt , all we can hope is that worse happens to them .