48 chevy truck

Started by kb426, September 07, 2022, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

A folding top might sit on top of the bed sides, making a slight drop from door tops to bed sides look very reasonable and natural.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Matt

416Ford

You know I have had an add on market place for nearly a year now "1955 new takeoff Chevy Wagon"
Would this help you any?
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

Dave that would help. :) That being said, here's the status report. Stuck in neutral, completely. Lack of a cheap donor car, miss matched components and one of the real killers is the mustang rear is the same width as the last gen of crown vic in width. This has led to a lack of motivation on my part to heat the shop and get going. This would be another project I would be building just to sell. I would rather do something that I would want to drive for a while. It may get built if the availability of different parts happens but for right now, I will do some more work on the cab as the weather allows, wondering if somebody might buy it. :) I'm ready to go to a fenderless highboy again. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

The early 00s V8 Explorer has virtually the same suspension except several inches narrower
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

I was thinking I was remembering that 416 had some possibly relevant wheel openings, yep.

Was glad to see updated intentions, KB.  :)

Those helped me realize that I sit on a fence. There was a near stock Mach1 I did all but paint on and the owner did an online review stating we treated his car like it was ours. I liked that response and customers like that secure feeling and just before he drove off I got this greeeatbigo smile pic of him in it. On my employee side, no praise could have been greater.

Until a decade later, other day my 55 customer explicitly verbally conveyed his appreciation of "Doing good work but not doing too much". Somewhere long about then I came to a realization. I draw a pretty hard line between work and personal. Thats the fence, and Bill is sitting on it with me in a way.

Is the 48 an exploration of your definition of an ultimate personal cool ride, or is it to be a product with appeal? A guy either cares about the rest of the world or he don't, with a build. The way I see it.

Thats my point. I interject based on interest or friendship. With KB trucks its pure friendship.

Pay stuff is another matter entirely. Interest or friendship mean nothing. Apply ability to object, next please. Whether I can dig it is beside the point. Like this post, unless it stokes the mental processes. Spring is coming, tick-tock.

I've bought the this is the keeper pitch all along as a linear progression. And it may be that, but if manufacturing is whats really happening, somehow I unhitch mentally because thats work not pleasure.

If that didn't make sense, well thats fixable. I'm slow to pick up on lots of things but sure enjoy brainstorming with you guys on the RRT. 8)
Matt

jaybee

IDJ I think you're establishing a healthy balance with that. This is recreation. You can dream anything you want, we can kick it around and have fun discussing it. Work is work. There's a reason why they pay us to be there. Sometimes the boss wants to hear what I have to say. Sometimes I get the idea with a single word or glance the smart move is to stop talking and get back to work.

Hope I'm not being to glib about this. It's easy for me these days, I've found the job of my dreams, though they still have to pay me to be here and I sometimes have to do things I don't enjoy. Nonetheless, I've spent spent more years than I care to admit being labeled that guy who can't keep his * mouth shut...even though I'm still convinced I was right more often than not.

kb426

People like Matt have lots of creativity and are able to convey it with pictures. I certainly don't have art capabilities. :) My wife and I just had a short discussion about this subject. She has talent but states she is a copier, not an originator. This brings me to the conclusion of the discussion: I we made a serious effort to focus, could we be more creative and get closer to the talented folk? I have no idea how long it takes for Matt to come up with ideas. In chassis fab, sometimes seconds are all I need for a solution to a problem, sometimes it takes months. LOL. I won't ever be able to draw but I could cut pictures apart and place them on paper for a visualization. Would more effort yield results or just time spent? I'm just voicing thoughts so take it as such. This pic is a painting my wife did for me years ago on a piece of wood. She copied a magazine pic.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

kb426

The significance of this pic is I have a matching set of doors. Theses are off a 1951. I would rather have the 53 door handles but that may happen. I had this pile of parts for sale for 45 days and next to nothing has happened. I'm thinking about this project but the cold has allowed me to have a good reason for not working. Still no donor drivetrain. Still not happy with the irs width. It is 6" wider than the front. All I know for sure is if I don't get in gear on something, I have nothing to drive this season unless I find something to buy. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Warning! This thread may come back from the dead. Sometimes, bad plans won't go away. :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Looking forward to it!

kb426

Do you call this supplies or provisions?
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART