48 chevy truck

Started by kb426, September 07, 2022, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Looks like the hood drops over that air filter, is that correct?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

That ^^^ is neat.  8)

Trosley would need lots of tall wavy capital AAAAA's to illustrate that.  8)

Quite the hot rod brewing. Chassis looks really good.  :)
Matt

kb426

Mr. Bondo is stuck in bondo prison. No further updates unless I escape or are paroled. LOL.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

He has friends on the outside.

Am I the only one who keeps wanting to put a Shelby-esque stripe along the rails between wheels? :)
Matt

kb426

Maybe some tape for a test when painted. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Be brave , go straight to metalflake . Trust me  :lol:

kb426

C.K. is trying to corrupt the innocent! :)
The weathergod smiled on O&S today. It got up to 90 degrees. I painted some panels, complete with dirt , a few nats that I removed with tweezers and some color stripes due to incompetence. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Looks good from here.  You make me tired just reading your posts...you get a lot done.  I haven't been in the shop for a couple days, been under the weather or something.  Plus, it's cooling down here, also.  Don't like being cold.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Flake first, then pearl coat.  :shock:
Matt

jaybee

I love that metallic blue, and it would look good with a set of these lower body stripes as Matt commented.

kb426

I was in Denver a lot in the 70's. I used to drive by Kenz and Leslie garage. One day there was a gt350 just like that sitting outside. White with blue stripes became my favorite. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Don't laugh, O&S worked all day to make it look this poor. LOL. The weather is not conducive to sanding outside so I removed the doors and raised the cab off the cart. I have brushed and sanded the underneath side some. I removed a bunch of rust from the inside. There were 2 panels crudely welded to the rear of the cab where gas fillers could have gone. I removed them and cleaned those areas out as good as I can. I stuck some sound deadener between the back of the cab and the uprights to replace the welting that used to be there. I will work on the inside and the firewall tomorrow. Monday or tuesday could be warm enough to paint those areas.
TEAM SMART

kb426

O&S put in about a half a day. This consisted of using an angle grinder and a wire brush cup to aide in removing rust. It sure does get heavy above the head when using. :) More sanding and then laying down some sound mat on some easy areas. I had 2 boxes and wanted to see how much more I will need. Sure seems like I need a lot more than I used to on a project. :) That was 30 sq. feet.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Nice, everything you check off is something done.