Non hot rod... but could be

Started by wvcab, October 10, 2004, 02:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvcab

got a 4.6 crown vic 1995, and the motor is seized up... anyways, trying to pull the motor, and how do you remove the 4 nuts holding the torque convertor to the flywheel? I cant spin the motor to get to them.... so how do i seperate the motor and tranny?????

Robert

Fat Cat

Quote from: "wvcab"got a 4.6 crown vic 1995, and the motor is seized up... anyways, trying to pull the motor, and how do you remove the 4 nuts holding the torque convertor to the flywheel? I cant spin the motor to get to them.... so how do i seperate the motor and tranny?????

Robert

If the motor is seized and will not turn then your going to have to pull the motor with the torque convertor still attached.

EMSjunkie

Robert[/quote]

If the motor is seized and will not turn then your going to have to pull the motor with the torque convertor still attached.[/quote]

Cutting torch :shock:  it's a ford, won't matter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"my reality check bounced"
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

hotrodsnguns

Quote from: "wvcab"got a 4.6 crown vic 1995, and the motor is seized up... anyways, trying to pull the motor, and how do you remove the 4 nuts holding the torque convertor to the flywheel? I cant spin the motor to get to them.... so how do i seperate the motor and tranny?????

Robert

Pull them together, will be lots easier to take apart out of the car.