Tom G. E mail

Started by enjenjo, October 09, 2004, 10:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Tom, I tried replying to your Email, but it was returned because it exceeded your Email quota.

Here's my reply

I would have no problem grinding the edge of the A arm for clearance, unless it's more than 1/4" or so. but before you do, make sure the calipers will fit both the bracket and rotor with new pads in place. I've never had to use a spacer on Mustang spindles.

Just so you are aware, there are two Granada 11" rotors, one slightly larger than the other, that's why I suggest checking for caliper clearance before modifying things.

frank
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

36vicky

Frank, thanks for the quick reply.  I found that I had not updated my profile with our new email address.  That's done now, should work next time.  javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Embarassed  We gave in to our kids and got a cable modem connection and it is much faster.  That was a good move.  javascript:emoticon(':)')
Smile

I will NOT do any grinding before I have all the parts in front of me for test fitting.  And I'll ask about the "other" Granada 11' rotor.  Thanks again, Tom G.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

36vicky

Frank, had some more activity, but no progress.

I bought new BCA (made in usa) inner and outer bearings for the Granada rotors.  They look to be the same size as the (looked new) bearings I found inside the MII rotor.  I didn't mic them, just eyeball measure.

I bought rebuilt calipers and organic pads to test fit everything.

The new bearings didn't help the fit of the rotor.  Still need help here.

I may have found a clearance problem with the ebay bracket (I can fix that with my grinder, plenty of metal there).

The spindles have 52-7AA, a Ford logo, and 275 molded into the inside.  I think they are regular old Ford OEM spindles.  I will post some pics if I figure out how.  Thanks, Tom G.

http://photo.starblvd.net/36Vicky/6-1-3-1098383864?m=0&pg=5&ro=0&co=2&pw=*707C4169874C
http://photo.starblvd.net/36Vicky/6-1-4-1098376288?m=0&pg=5&ro=0&co=3&pw=*707C4169874C
http://photo.starblvd.net/36Vicky/6-1-5-1098376673?m=0&pg=5&ro=0&co=4&pw=*707C4169874C
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

36vicky

enjenjo

On the caliper bracket, grinding a bit of clearance is not a problem, I've had to do it before.

The 1/8" clearance on the spindle is  plenty, the rotor won't move that much.

On the lower A frame, I would want at least 1/8", preferrably 3/16" at the extreme of movement, in this case with the A frame up at the outside as much as possible. I looked at a lower control arm I have here, and you could take off at least 1/4" without weakening it. Make sure you do it far enough around the curve to clear when turning too.

I would not space the rotor out at all, this opens a whole new bag of worms, as the bearing spacing on the Granada rotor is slightly more than the Mustang rotor, and you may not have enough threads left on the spindle to secure the rotor safely.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.