NewB sayin' hola

Started by Low Ka$h, October 07, 2004, 02:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low Ka$h

Just wanted to say HI.  I'm new to the forum.  I am the "kid" George was talking about who bought his 30 sedan in this post .  http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1457  

Fear not George, for she has come to a new loving home.  I'm sure i'll be asking a lot of questions on the forum.  So thanks for the forum, and I hope to have her done within a year.

Adam

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. You looking for a non traditional powerplant or is it going to be a pedal car? :lol:  Seriously, what do you have in mind for a drivetrain?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Ohio Blue Tip

Welcome aboard.  Them Chevy's is everywhere, just at a club meeting last night and friend's 32 2dr Chevy is almost road ready.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

rumrumm

Ready in less than a year--you have more get-up-and-go than I  do! Welcome aboard. And keep us apprised of your progress.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

GPster

Welcome, that said go to page 2 and scan Moondisc's question on "Disc brakes on '35 Ford spindles". I've had the idea and I've seen it done but not to a Chevy. The less things (doors)you have to work on the sooner you'll be able to be done (1 year?). Might also give you enough room to run some impressive motor, like a straight 8 Buick or a V12 Lincoln. As for the left-over doors. I think I heard someone say that the next truck he built should have longer doors so that his knees don't hit the dash. For all the stuff he's getting rid of he must be planing to do something with that $300.oo cab. Of course that would be after he checks out his new Rambler and make sure it's ok for Carps to drive. GPster

slocrow

Have a good time and welcome Adam....Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat46

Welcome, you can tell you're newbie, those radius rods are supposed to be made of conduit...... :roll:

WZ JUNK

Welcome.  One of the locals recently built a car from a model A 4 door sedan.  He removed the front two doors and moved the cowl back.  It has the Bantam look and made a pretty neat car.  I guess this had been done before and it is call a Cudan.  Just a thought.  I wish I knew how to photo shop this for you.

Sorry that you know George.

This is to weird, I just flipped over to the HAMB and this is a current post  http://www.jalopyjournal.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=578862&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

47wood

Welcome to the RRT.  Keep posting pics of your progress.  If you can figure out how to make that broom stick into a drive shaft then you'll really have something.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

purplepickup

All Right!!  That's what I'm talking about!  I like your plan Adam.  The old girl needed a young stud to stir up that hot rod blood in her old bod. :twisted:    Welcome to the RRT.  I think the broomstick radius rods are perfect considering that there's a tree's worth of wood in that car anyway.

You know, I compared getting rid of that car to leaving a woman?  It really is.....my life is less complicated now and I've got some extra room to put stuff. :D

You guys might doubt that Adam will have that car done in a year but I'd bet he does.  I saw that look in his eyes.  He's ready.  8)

Well dood, I'm going up to the cabin for the weekend.  You should have the chassis done by Monday.
George

Welcome....I hear Winters are very long in Michigan....Good Luck!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

KustomLincolnLady

Hi Adam, nice to have you aboard, I won't ask the "usual" question of George's Mi friends, LOL

Good luck with your project, maybe I'll see it at Kzoo next yr!!!! sure sounds like your motivated. Just hope George doesn't get to jealous of you,well playing around with his old car!!! LOL  :wink:  :wink:
Debb

Low Ka$h

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone.  I would like to do an era specific rod with parts from the early 60's and older, but fundage is an issue as always.  So some of the plans for the sedan (for now) are as follows;

POWER = freebie 1974ish complete 350 sbc (less then 80,000 on her) with a dual carb tunnel ram intake setup (eventually) TRANS = 1968 Muncie four speed (needs a rebuild kit) FRONT AXLE SETUP = original 30 axle suicide mounted, monoleaf 1970's mobile home spring, fab'ed radius rods, fab'ed steering rods.  REAR AXLE SETUP = either a 1995 Impala SS 10 bolt rear with posi (have laying around) or a 1964 Impala rear end (not purchased yet) mounted with a fab'ed 3 link setup.  BRAKES = Drums all around (need to get) INTERIOR = Fab'ed sheet metal interior with fab'ed front seat.  TANK = 15 gallon keg.  BODY & CHASSIS = 5" channel, 6" chop, wb stretched 132", about 3" to 4" off the ground.  TIRES = 30" tall 8"wide backs and 25" tall 5" to 6" wide fronts.  WHEELS = whatever I have laying around.  PAINT = Flat black w/pinstripe (gonna attempt to stripe her myself)

All work will be done by me for a goal of under $2000.  The main thing is just to get her going.  I would also like to take her to K'ZOO Nats next year.

I will keep you all posted.  Thanks again for the welcome.

Adam

Low Ka$h

Well, I just picked up the power plant for the Low Ka$h sedan this weekend.  I found an old 1970 Kaddy Eldorado in a junkyard near my house.  Kan you say 8.2 litre 500ci... :twisted:  400 hp and 550 ft/lbs stock.  Of course those where skewed 1970 SAE hp numbers.  So I figure it'll be around 320 - 350 hp and 440 - 460 ft/lbs stock.  The only thing wrong with the engine that I could see, (reason for being in the jy) was a busted distributor shaft.  

With a Muncie 4 speed behind the 500 going into a 1963 Olds Dynamic 88 rear end I got for free,  the sedan should have a little git-up. :D   Anyway, thought I'd gloat a little.  Now that I have the drive train, I can start layin' out the frame.  I'll take pics and keep you all posted.

Later,
Adam

enjenjo

well, with that engine in that car, you won't have to hop it up much :lol:  Now look for some BB Chevy headers, you can modify them to fit that Caddy with new flanges.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.