brake question

Started by 57larry, June 05, 2021, 09:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57larry

I have a 40 Ford with a power master cyl under the floor. ECI set up, running two 2lb residual valves and a prop valve. Has front & rear Wilwood disk brakes. Bleed the system 2 times , brakes stop the car but the pedal goes to the floor to stop it. adjusted the pedal twice, just don't like the pedal going to the floor.

I need your advice please, Larry

enjenjo

What is the brake pedal ratio? Is the booster adjusted to match the master cylinder? Was it like this before?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Part numbers of the calipers and master cylinder bore size will help.
TEAM SMART

57larry

master cyl is matched to booster. it's an ECI kit.

enjenjo

Quote from: "57larry"master cyl is matched to booster. it's an ECI kit.

Just because it was bought as a kit, and is "matched " to the booster doesn't mean it's adjusted correctly. In fact most kits I find are not adjusted correctly. The spec is 0.060" clearance between the booster pushrod and the master cylinder piston. I have found kits with four times that clearance out of the box.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "57larry"master cyl is matched to booster. it's an ECI kit.

Just because it was bought as a kit, and is "matched " to the booster doesn't mean it's adjusted correctly. In fact most kits I find are not adjusted correctly. The spec is 0.060" clearance between the booster pushrod and the master cylinder piston. I have found kits with four times that clearance out of the box.

I have found them with too much adjustment preloading the master cylinder. Just recently with the brakes on the milk truck. And I am not sure that any of these company's selling the kits really know what they have.
Don Colliau

57larry

thank you for some answers, I will check. also gonna check for a leak at the booster

57larry

adjusted the brake pedal a few more times. figure the ratio is 6 to 1. working good now. thank you everybody, Larry

kb426

TEAM SMART