2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Finagled a new wheel cylinder onto my 69GP. Prior attempt to do so was halted by line stuck to fitting. Unstuck that today after buying a 30" line, of course. Drum was stuck, hard, on one stud. Had to chop off stud and grind around hole in drum to get it off. Mounting and connecting the new part was a hassle with twisted line. No bleed, no assistant or mityvac. No worse off than it was before. Took it around one block at dusk. At least its partway done.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: WZ JUNK on November 27, 2021, 08:55:22 AM
Quote from: Crosley on November 27, 2021, 07:46:08 AM
We replaced our toy hauler with this 5th wheel. Just not enough living space in the toy hauler for long term travel for us. Lighter colors inside & out too.

Looks like fun to me.  That is a lot of truck and trailer.

We hope it is fun.  8) This 5th wheel is about 1600 pounds lighter than the toy hauler.. The truck pulls the trailer easily. Altho the MPG drops quik when I hook onto the trailers. From 18+ MPG at freeway speeds to 9.5 to 10.5 MPG with the trailer in tow. On flat ground I may run 70 - 72 MPH, usually slower.  Most folks are passing me in the speed limit is 75MPH.

In the hills I try to run in 7th gear, it is 1 - 1 ratio. With 4.10 gear , the truck & trailer runs up hills well. Coming down hills I am the guy you get angry at and pass because I run slower, usually with 4 way flashers on. No need for burned up brakes and a run away truck & trailer.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Sold my Craftsman cutting torch setup this morning. I bought it in the early 70's, and never did use it much, much less in the last few years. I'm clearing out stuff that isn't being used in the shop. I paid around $325 for it and sold it for $400, so I think I did pretty well.  No more heavy cutting for me, if I need to cut something, the cutoff sidegrinder seems to get it done.  If I need something larger cut, I can take it a buddy who is a welder, and he can cut it for me.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Slow week eh. I got a notice in the mail Saturday that my daily driver's tag expired Tuesday. Said I couldn't renew, owe tax. Never saw a bill. Discovered this Tuesday morning and took care of all online in a jif that evening. But I been driving the GT until the new sticker comes and I am kinda staring at it while I eat. Thinking of how it has less miles than my parents' only vehicle... still a nice ride just beat up and 11 years older. But noticing right now theres a directional rear tire going the wrong way.  :lol:

Still using up wreck era remnants there, and have two lefts left. Both cars need a pair of freshys.

As if that thought isn't random enough, have another. Got behind the tag # xxx YWH. And it occurred to me that someone might be running around with 666 YWH.  ???

The mind is relaxing temporarily anyhow... The F-1 job is down to a couple knick-knack items and the weather is beautiful. I trust you retirees in this region are duly using that. Ain't bled brakes yet, want new handheld thing for that and will find one soon.
Matt

chimp koose

IDJ I will NOT follow a car with 666 plates . I usually change lanes or else follow way back . At Tim Hortons there is a combination of beverage and donut that comes to $6.66 , when I get that bill I always ask for something more to change it . I always get into a dragster from the left side That is about it for my quirks .

Beck

Quote from: chimp koose on December 02, 2021, 03:21:59 PM
IDJI always get into a dragster from the left side.
I always climbed onto my little pulling tractors from the left also. Since the knee replacement I've had to swap to the right. My results improved. Until I read your post I couldn't figure out why I was doing better. Now I know, I'm backwards from everyone else.

kb426

In my 20 years with a dragster, I can't remember having a preference for getting in the cockpit. I think it had more to do with where the tow truck was than anything else. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

CK, I could tell you a tale of teenage automotive horror that began with a fast food bill of $6.66. It would curl your toenails! The night my 68 Chevy met it's end. It was like a Grafitti clique storyline but from the 80s. Shiver me timbers (shakes off the memory with creeped out noise)...

I never been in anything fast.  :blank:

Domesticated horses expect to be mounted on the left by default I guess, says the western fan. That thar's a rabbit hole doorway:

https://horseandrider.com/trail-riding/mount-right
Matt

idrivejunk

Brakes are fixed! :)  Great joy! Drove the 69 to work and had my fellow bodyman stomp for me. Did errands, pretty day... got almost home, noticed what a big hardtop enjoy I was having. In December. Grape is like a grey alien in that she need not speak and well, in her way with a smirky nudge she told me we don't have to go straight home. Boy. :D What a sweetheart, I love her. She still scratches second for me on days like this.  :shock:

Must be picking up on perky vibes from her master, who has tucked another build feather into his cap as of today. That being the '51 F-1 5.0. Done. Barring any henpecks or nitpicks yet to come, my process is complete on that job at this point. AH! Reflecting on it, as always, makes me a little dizzy. So just, did I say "ah" yet? Feeling relieved.  :-o But that may have to hold me for a spell on glory. :roll:

Been such a good day so far that when the latch on my plastic carry home toolbox failed, scattering the contents far and wide... I just put it all back in an organized manner. Only cussed when I felt it go. :)
Matt

34ford

Wow Matt,  l just looked and that truck showed up May 1 2018. 3 years 7 month and a lot of $$$$$$. Congratulations it's done.

chimp koose

Matt it must feel good to get one done . I dont get that feeling often :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Working on the 5th wheel RV we just bought. For those that have never owned a travel trailer of any size: They all have problems, things break, things cost money. KInda like any RV from boat to off road vehicle, etc.

I was testing 120v electrical outlets in the 5th wheel. A little plug in device that lights up with good power, bad power on 1 or both sides of outlet.  This 5th wheel has solar on it that powers a few 120v outlets thru an inverter.

As I plugged into a couple outlets, the plastic broke apart and fell to the floor.  This was the 2nd one broke.
Tony

kb426

Tony, it has been my observation for decades that only mechanics should own rv's and campers. As we know, that's not the case. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: kb426 on December 04, 2021, 08:07:32 AM
Tony, it has been my observation for decades that only mechanics should own rv's and campers. As we know, that's not the case. :)

the parts breakage  kinda burns my a** because this unit was built in june 2020..  yet these problems are common.  :o:P  ..

Yes, I have viewed a few youtube videos of ppl in rv or truck with rv behind it  that should not be allowed to walk on stairs alone.

:lol:
Tony

58 Yeoman

I can kinda feel your pain, Tony.  The last time I went to the VA to have my hearing aids adjusted, the dr. made them worse. Now, everyone sounds drunk. I'm tired of the behind the ear aids, so I went to an independent and ordered in the ear aids, due to come in in a couple weeks. Of course, they are blue tooth capable, but my cell phone isn't,  so I ordered a new one that is.

We're going to order new windows for the house froma a really good place, not one of those places that gives you 50% off the minute they walk in the door.  It's going to be just over $12k, but they don't do staining of the new trim.  We will have to buy the new trim that matches (hopefully) and they will install it.

You see where I'm going with this?  No matter what you buy, or how new it is, there will abways be more money needing spending.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil