Wisker Strips

Started by 50 F1, May 10, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50 F1

Or they are also called beltline seals. I am working on a 37 Plymouth, getting ready to work on the side window glass. I have found a few places but not exactly what I need. I need 3/8" tall, 1/4" thick. Flexible so I can bend them and I would prefer no Stainless bead. These attach to the inside of the garnish molding with clips. Anyone know of a good place to get these?

Thanks Mike

kb426

I have never looked for your application but I use Fairchild and Softseal. The 72 and 78 both have Fairchild kits. I was pleased with the quality.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

ragdol

I am finishing a '37 Plymouth coupe, & mine doesn't use cat whiskers. Mine uses , I think it was 4, rubber bumpers that are about 3/4 " long on the door side & nothing on the molding. Seems to work fine.

50 F1

Thanks for all the info.
enjenjo if that catalog doesn't have you don't need it. Wow they have a lot of stuff.

ragdoll I am working on a 2 door sedan slant back. The coupes and sedans must be different. What keeps your glass from rattling against the garnish moldings? They have the clips that hold the whisker strips to the garnish molding in the catalog enjenjo left the link for on page 36.

Thanks for the info KB

Thanks Mike

enjenjo

Quote from: "50 F1"Thanks for all the info.
enjenjo if that catalog doesn't have you don't need it. Wow they have a lot of stuff.

ragdoll I am working on a 2 door sedan slant back. The coupes and sedans must be different. What keeps your glass from rattling against the garnish moldings? They have the clips that hold the whisker strips to the garnish molding in the catalog enjenjo left the link for on page 36.

Thanks for the info KB

Thanks Mike

They have never let me down. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

ragdol

The window is held pretty firmly by the window channel. I thought about screwing cat whiskers to the molding, but so far isn't necessary.

papastoyss

i have always used a universal cat whisker molding that is sold in 8 ft lengths, it is available in SS or black metal bead. I cut it to length & it will bend to conform to openings. I attach it w/tiny countersunk SS screws that will sink into the backing enough to prevent scaring the glass.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!