Bonneville Streamliner

Started by Dusty, October 02, 2004, 11:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Hi Ya'll....
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned about the Triumph Streamliner that set records back in the '50's.  It was destroyed in a fire 13 Mos. ago.  Today it was at the Motorcycle ralley in "Lake O the Pines" Texas.  This Picture was taken today.  I have more in the 35mm camera that I have to get developed next week.  I'll post a couple more.  As you can see it is really a slick machine.

Benny Rhoads
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

av8

Quote from: "Dusty"Hi Ya'll....
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned about the Triumph Streamliner that set records back in the '50's.  It was destroyed in a fire 13 Mos. ago.  Today it was at the Motorcycle ralley in "Lake O the Pines" Texas.  This Picture was taken today.  I have more in the 35mm camera that I have to get developed next week.  I'll post a couple more.  As you can see it is really a slick machine.

Benny Rhoads

Are you taking the 'liner to Bonneville this coming week for the location shooting  of the Burt Munro movie? It would make a great and approrpriate "prop" insomuch as it ran there when Burt did. Check out my post for more information.

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1409

Mike Bishop

Dusty

Mike.
I don't have anything to do with the duties of the Streamliner.  I am just one of the "Groupies" because of my interest in MC racing and the fact I was close friends of the late Johnny Allen who drove the bike to all the records in the '50's.  The bike was at bonneville about 3 weeks ago for the anniversary (Sep 6) of one of the record setting runs.  As far as I know, it will be at RPM cycles in the Dallas Ft. Worth area, and then shipped back to the museum in England.
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Dusty"Hi Ya'll....

Benny Rhoads

Great picture Benny.  The body on that looks quite advanced for that time period.  I can see why it set records.

c ya,  Sum