grown up or lazy?

Started by chimp koose, February 29, 2020, 12:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I passed on a truck I have wanted for some time this week . There was a 61 ford unibody short box , parked since the 80s , for sale very reasonable and looked to be in decent shape. I just sold the 300/6 4spd that would have dropped into it a few weeks ago :roll: My reasoning was that i have way too many projects on the go and on deck to bother with another . I did not want another project on the heap nor did I want to start on it and put off the T coupe even longer. I also did not want to bother with selling anything else to make room for it . I have to think I am either getting wise  or is it lazy ?

58 Yeoman

You've gotten wise. I look at Bring a trailer and Barn Finds every day to see what's out there for sale. Yeah, I'd really want that one, but do I really want to start another project? No. I've got the shop cleaned out last year of a lot of stuff that I'd never use or need, and it's nice to be able to walk through it more easily.  I've still got things that will be put on ebay or CL soon.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

I say healthy. Obviously you want a T more. And you have your cool truck going. Avoid ads and focus. When the T has some paint chips and the truck is tired or you're tired of it, then you are a position to view unibody ads. Personally I think what you have is cooler anyway. 8)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

I view it this as "gettin wise" ....  I realized I was over my head in projects about 8 yrs ago.  Too many cars and parts here.

In a few months I retire from the daily work deal.. Then I start on the final phase of cleaning up this place before I sell it in 2021. ... I see stuff weekly that I would like to buy and mess with.  There is plenty for me to mess with here already.

Just this morning, the wife was commenting " I know how much you have sold and found new homes for... but  OMG there is still a bunch to deal with.  LOL

I have a friend in his mid 40's...  I have told him :  Reduce your project pile.  Finish a few , sell some, do not trade them for another project, sell them!  He has projects like F-600 trucks to a Chevy Vega.  He seems to be listening, I hope.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)