street rodder gone

Started by chimp koose, December 06, 2019, 06:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I just read a post on the hamb that car craft , street rodder and a bunch of others 19 in total are going out of print . I am a little bummed out  :( .  I had a childhood wish to have a car of mine in a magazine , that dream is essentially gone  :( . Mind you that dream could only be possibly realized if i actually finished a car :oops: . My only print glory was a picture in national dragster in a final round in my mustang in '83 . I am wounded but i will survive .

WZ JUNK

Ha Ha, just my luck.  I had waited Street Rodder out on my renew until the super sale price was finally offered.  I sent them the check last month.  

My Hot Rod subscription is due, maybe they will transfer it over.  That will never happen.  

The Street Rodder that I got today had several cards in it to renew or subscribe at the regular rate.  At least I wasn't sucked into that.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Interesting.   years ago as y'all may remember  Street Rodder subscription  was rarely discounted much, if at all. I let the sub run out... waiting for the discount offering , that never arrived.  I never re-newed.....  I've not had a mag subscription of any type in 15 yrs.

Now here is a different situation.  I received a mag named Transmission Digest for many years.. It was an  industry mag.  No charge. Ads paid for the mag costs via circulation numbers to automotive repair shops.  It was a good quality mag. Kept me up to date on late model transmissions and the industry.

A new dim-wit person was put in place on subscription operations. I received a phone call:

Them: The address for delivery is a residential location.
Me: That is correct. I would never see the mag if it was delivered to the shop.
Them: It must deliver to a commercial address or we will cancel the sub.
Me: OK , cancel the sub.

6 Months later , another phone call:

Them:  There has been a policy reversal. Would you like the Transmission Digest  mag delivered again to .... My Home address.
Me: No thanks.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

Looks like I got lucky and made the top 100 just in time. :shock:
Don Colliau

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "348tripower"Looks like I got lucky and made the top 100 just in time. :shock:

You are not lucky, you earned it. Congratulations.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Rochie

Chimp,look for Canadian Hot rod on your shelves. Terry Denomme does a fabulous job  of covering Canadian Cars and events. You never know!

chimp koose

Thanks , Canadian rodder is pretty good . One of my old Acadians was in that one as a feature car, I had to laugh as I had used it as a parts car and sold it long before. I had stripped it for front end chrome .

enjenjo

Street Rodder has been going down hill for some time. I don't really blame the staff, but it has become a print infomercial for advertisers. Not just them, but Truckin', Classic Trucks, and others too. It's what the publisher wanted to maximize income. I will miss Car Craft, they have been doing a good job the last few years. Life goes on.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

I think we have all had the dream of a mag feature on our car. I feel I have been very fortunate in being given the opportunity to take part in some builds that made it to ink in recent times and to be recognized in the credits. That, for me, is a place of reward I never considered reaching in life. As with most things, what you do for others is of greater value than the same thing done to serve yourself. Continue to be driven by your noble individual aspirations and try not to sweat the changing world.
Matt

Charlie Chops 1940

I decided not to renew SRM about a year ago. Still have HRM coming in the mail but it's getting pretty thin. I get Street Scene from NSRA - been a membe4 since 1972. I've been buying Hor Rod Deluxe on the newsstand. I'll miss it.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

I think it's unanimous. We're all sad about what has happened. I agree with Frank's synopsis. I wonder where this will end up????
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I am kinda surprised the death of the magazines took so long.  With online shows, blogs, videos taking over.   The over commercialization of the mags sure did not help.

There have been a few recent TV shows that have become over commercialized, with staged promos and product placement filmed to look like daily operation in a shop... I noticed  *' Rides is going further  down that path this year.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rumrumm

When Rod & Custom went bottoms up, my subscription got transferred to a Hot Rod subscription. Maybe I will get Hot Rod now that I won't get Street Rodder and Chevy High Performance. I wasn't going to renew CHP anyway as it has become all about LS stuff. Hate to see SR go as it has been around for a long time.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

papastoyss

My Street Rodder sub. had just been renewed thru 2021. Wonder if it is going to continue as a digital version only or are all the subscribers SOL?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!