trans help needed

Started by 48ford, October 01, 2004, 10:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

i was wondering can any one tell me will  the t45  5 speed gear box from a 4.6 liter    mustang fit up to the bellhousing from a 5.0 mustang,  thanks for the help

48ford

Quote from: "48ford"i was wondering can any one tell me will  the t45  5 speed gear box from a 4.6 liter    mustang fit up to the bellhousing from a 5.0 mustang,  thanks for the help
Anyone?

enjenjo

I can't tell you for sure, I suspect it will, but you can never tell with Fords
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Sorry, 48...I haven't got a clue if it will or not.  Thought I would at least let you know. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

moparrodder

Quote from: "48ford"i was wondering can any one tell me will  the t45  5 speed gear box from a 4.6 liter    mustang fit up to the bellhousing from a 5.0 mustang,  thanks for the help

Do you have the tranny that was bolted to the 5.0?  Set them side by side and measure the mounting bolt patern and input shaft length.  I don't know much about Ford manual trannys but doing a little measuring with a tape should give you the answer. Depending on the application the tail shaft mounting point may be different also and you may need to check that too.  Just a thought.  Bill

48ford

Thanks,
I found out that the 4.6 uses a tranny and bellhousing in one unit,will check this out later.
Thanks Russ&Irene