1938 Dodge Bros. Pick-up

Started by johnauto, September 30, 2004, 11:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnauto

Hello,
I just started on a 38 Dodge Pick-up project.
I need to locate a windshield frame. Can anyone tell me what other year truck or car windshield frames would work?
Thank's in advance, johnauto

enjenjo

Plymouth and Dodge pickups 37 and 38 will fit. The cars are not the same. They are reproduced in aluminum, I have seen one, nice pieces, but I have no idea who makes them.

By the way, welcome to the RRT.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

Good Luck finding anything for that truck..........
Ask the man who OWNS one!
To bad you didn't need that windshield frame a couple of years ago. I sold a real NICE one off my truck,WITH the crank,regulator and all! I decided to flush mount the windshield instead,to help keep the interior drier in the rain.......
Here is a shot taken a couple of years ago.you can get some idea as to what we did to make it work.
What are you running for a drivetrain in your truck?
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

OlBuzzard

Speaking of flush-mounting the windshield, I'm trying to decide whether to use my stock windshield frame ('36 Ford) or flush-mounting it.  Anyone have thoughts as to which is best?  I am putting air conditioning in it (hey, it's south Texas!).  Thanks for your suggestions.

SKR8PN

I didn't use ANY of my stock windshield frame. I welded a piece of 1/8th inch thick steel,all the way around the inside of my window opening,to bring the height up to where the windshield is closer to the surrounding sheetmetal. I am going to just glue the windshield in and then use a plastic seal like they use on the late model stuff. The windshield is cut down about 3/16 SMALLER,all the way around, than the opening size,so there is enough space for the seal.
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.