What are you doing today ? 2019

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Crosley"
Thursday evening , friday morning:  very windy and lots of rain again.  Everything is wet n soaked!  Many roads in northern AZ have been closed from snow and ice..

Update:  The National Weather Service says there was a Tornado in my area friday morning, about 1.5 miles from our house. I did hear my wife's phone beeping a warning friday morning about 4:30am ... NWS said there were 3 tornados in the metro Phoenix area.

I have not seen any reports of serious damage around my area.  Only trees down and a usual high wind stuff.  I know it was Very Windy at our house
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I have the fiberglass  fan shroud roughed in with the nutserts that will attached the fans.  It will be painted black later after I build the mounts that will attach it to the truck.  It will have a rubber seal where the edge of the shroud meets the radiator.  There is barely room for it between the engine and radiator. I am running out of room in the engine compartment.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Couple days ago, we cut down a couple more trees. I cut, wife shreds the brush and splits the logs. While shredding the limbs, the drive belts on the shredder started smoking. After we quit for the day, I checked the belts and found them to be pretty well burned up. Must've been a tough limb in there. No numbers on the belts; we bought this shredder new in February this year. Nothing online.

I called the Farm & Fleet store where we bought it, and the repairman there couldn't help us, other than to say that the belts are the Mfr.'s own belts. He did find a number for me. Well, I called the 800 # and talked to a woman there, and told her that my belts were trashed, and I wanted to buy some new ones. She told me that it was still under warranty and that she would send me two free of charge. What?! Okay.

I took the old belts to the F & F store today to see if they could match them up, for spares, or until I get the ones from the Mfr. We found two on the rack for $10 each, so I took them. He told me that the belts from the Mfr. are $50. EACH! I put the cheapies on and it works, so I'll leave them on while waiting the the right ones to come along in the mail. These belts are only 21" long.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I R&R 'd tensioner parts on my wife's Honda Civic car today..  I did not plan to , but it worked out that way.  The tensioner arm seemed loose & not a whole bunch of tension... so I swapped the parts out.

Hardest part was the belt install. No belt routing diagram under the hood.  I thought I remembered how the belt flowed.. Nope.  Oh well .  Job is done. It is quieter.  Hope this fixes the noise.

EDIT:  2 days after the repair.  Wife says the car is quiet now.  No rattling noise when first started.
Tony

kb426

The last 2 days, I've been working on something different from my normal posts. The pic is of my 32 with steelies and trim rings and caps. This could be the last pic I post of it. I have sold it to a gentleman in England. The funds have been transferred and the shipper has made contact with me. It's ready to go and just waiting on the shipper. The new owner is a serious hot rod guy. He said it might take a while to get used to shifting with his right arm. :) It's been 12 years since the parts arrived for me to build it. That truck has led to many friendships that I value highly. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Not to be nosy, but what venue did you sell it on?

My wife gave me an early christmas present. I have been using some Proto snap ring pliers that I inherited from my grandfather. I was complaining the other day that they were just flat worn out. So she bought me new ones sold by SK, an offset pair and a straight pair.

For the last two weeks I have been working on a Topkick fuel tank. After having it derusted and finding out it was beyond repair, and several days looking for a replacement tank, and finding none available, I bought a tank for an International that was a similar shape, but a bit deeper.  I had to modify the tank brackets to drop them down 5", and finished that up today.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

KB that was a nice truck . Love the colour

58 Yeoman

I had taken our year old Toro zero turn in to the dealer at the first of November, as it was pulling right when I wanted to go straight. They said that it had a bad hydro on the right, and would be covered by warranty. I picked it up last Wednesday, and it still pulled right. I called the dealer, and they said that some of them do that. Yeah, right. No sense in taking it back there. I googled it today and adjusted the hydro's myself, and now it goes straight. I could've gotten that kind of service from one of the big box stores.

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Couple days ago, we cut down a couple more trees. I cut, wife shreds the brush and splits the logs. While shredding the limbs, the drive belts on the shredder started smoking. After we quit for the day, I checked the belts and found them to be pretty well burned up. Must've been a tough limb in there. No numbers on the belts; we bought this shredder new in February this year. Nothing online.

You must be running out of trees on that property.. your wife and you have cut down quite a few as I recall.
Tony

58 Yeoman

Yeah, we've lost a lot in the 11 years that we've been here. The previous owners should've taken down a lot of the junk trees that grow so fast, and they're all fighting for the sunlight. This is no lie, we have trees that are growing at 45* angles, and have gotten so tall that I don't think I'll be able to down them. They are so tall, that they will fall into other trees.

One of the trees that we cut last week or so was growing above my tool shed at a 45* angle. I had to climb on the roof and use an electric pole saw to get most of what I could reach slowly, so the tree would come down slowly onto the roof. We got them down w/o damage to the shed. We bought the log splitter soon after moving in, and I already had one large Stihl saw, then bought a smaller one, and we're on our second chipper.

We had two smaller trees, maybe 4" in diameter, that actually grew around each other like twisted wires. Those two were fun.  If I have someone come in to cut down a few of the really tall ones, it's going to cost a bundle.

Phil

phat46

I finshed a painting, a Great Lakes freighter, the Hon. James L. Oberstar. My former neighbor was her Captain for many yeas before he retired about a month ago. He would always signal a special salute when passing out of Lake Huron into the St. Clair river, or vise versa, passing his hometown. He would blow one long and three short to say hello to friends and family. I'll miss those salutes, especially the ones in the wee hours of the morning. My good friend Fred also worked on her, wheeling her past his home town many times.

chimp koose

That painting is so realistic , it looks like it could have been a photo ! great talent .

kb426

Neat pic!
I drove the 72 to coffee this morning. The seat change removed most of 1972 from it. :) The left side needs built up some so when it gets recovered, that will be addressed.
TEAM SMART

Arnold

Quote from: "kb426"Neat pic!
I drove the 72 to coffee this morning. The seat change removed most of 1972 from it. :) The left side needs built up some so when it gets recovered, that will be addressed.

I had a 72 F250 4x4. Into that I shoe horned a seat from a 1974 Cadillac Fleetwood. Leather,60/40, centre armrest,power.

Arnold

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Couple days ago, we cut down a couple more trees. I cut, wife shreds the brush and splits the logs. While shredding the limbs, the drive belts on the shredder started smoking. After we quit for the day, I checked the belts and found them to be pretty well burned up. Must've been a tough limb in there. No numbers on the belts; we bought this shredder new in February this year. Nothing online.

I called the Farm & Fleet store where we bought it, and the repairman there couldn't help us, other than to say that the belts are the Mfr.'s own belts. He did find a number for me. Well, I called the 800 # and talked to a woman there, and told her that my belts were trashed, and I wanted to buy some new ones. She told me that it was still under warranty and that she would send me two free of charge. What?! Okay.

I took the old belts to the F & F store today to see if they could match them up, for spares, or until I get the ones from the Mfr. We found two on the rack for $10 each, so I took them. He told me that the belts from the Mfr. are $50. EACH! I put the cheapies on and it works, so I'll leave them on while waiting the the right ones to come along in the mail. These belts are only 21" long.

Lawn tractor deck belts are close to $100 up here. That is just what they cost here.Yes I have shopped around. I found a cheaper one $30 :shock: at the local John Deere. I put it on late fall 2018. Early spring 2019 when I got it out again the belt had cracked in many places and was pretty much completely rotten.
 Then I went and paid $100 for a belt :roll: Only a few weeks ago I paid $75 for a drive belt.