Utube

Started by enjenjo, November 22, 2018, 12:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Any Utube channels you follow? I like Project Binky,  Keith Fenner, and Jonathan W among others.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I follow a few:  Lucky Acosta Mobile tech, Wintergatan the marble music machine guy, Colin Furze, Finnegans Garage... a few more.

With so many of these folks going to the paid subscriptions, I follow a few less now.  I refuse to get into the trap of spending 4 or 5 dollars a month on subscriptions here , there , everywhere.  

The reason I stop magazine subscriptions a decade ago , I was not able to keep up on reading stuff.  Now:  paid video subscriptions have replaced the magazine subscription money.

I stopped watching RoadKill and the spin off groups because of paid subscriptions. I know it costs money to produce the product. I choose to not participate
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

I search things I'm interested in, but I don't subscribe to any channels. Lots of good information out there.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

I also search for things that interest me...I also spend too much time on this crazy machine to subscribe to anything ..... :roll:
But then, it's good "sit-down" entertainment & everyday, I even learn something..  :?  :lol:

I seem to watch a lot of "Tubalcane/mrpete222" on machine work.. He's a retired high school machine shop teacher that takes the time to show in detail different shop operations ...Kinda "old school", but sometimes that's a good thing ... 8)  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

lofat46

One of my favorites on YouTube is "Barn Find Hunter" with Tom Cotter. New ones come on once a month and free. If you haven't seen it, he drives around the country in his '39 Ford woody checking out barn finds. There are several "seasons" available on YouTube.

enjenjo

You might check out coldwarmotors. A bunch of Canadians that do silly stuff with cars, and make it work.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I will admit:  I start watching the Russian dash cam videos and before I know it 1.5 hours has passed by..  most of the European dash cam vids are interesting.  The Russian truck drivers can be brutal on passenger car idiots
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Arnold

Quote from: "Crosley"I will admit:  I start watching the Russian dash cam videos and before I know it 1.5 hours has passed by..  most of the European dash cam vids are interesting.  The Russian truck drivers can be brutal on passenger car idiots

I've watched Russian truck driver videos. Over here..those guys would be doing some serious jail time. But then maybe not..IF idiot motorists REALIZED just what WOULD happen if those truck drivers were here..ya..they wouldn't be doing that :twisted:
 I really don't watch much video..after I watched some staged repair videos..that soured me pretty bad..However..there is still a HUGE :!: amount of information..that an enormous amount of good can be taken from.
 I've also watched too much of people doing horrific things..THEN not being so tough when facing the Police Attack German Shepherd :roll:

Mac

Cold War Motors is one of my favorites. Currently grafting together a 1960 Ply Fury out of 3 cars. Good work. I also follow Jonathan W, MrHevyShevy, Classic Truck Rescue and AVE
Who\'s yer Data?

idrivejunk

Those Russian dash cam compilation vids are spellbinding, they make you like this- :shock:

I also don't follow channels but do watch or listen to all of whatever it is, in chronological order.
Current binges are Hopalong Cassidy movies and radio shows, Escape and Cisco Kid radio shows. Cisco kinda sucks but its Speedy Gonzales' cousin Pancho. Death Valley Days TV show is another I am working through. That covers me except the weekly far out random subject documentaries.

I totally get my car fix at work. :roll: Can you tell?
Matt

chimp koose

never thought to look up westerns !

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"never thought to look up westerns !

Uh-oh.  :shock:  If we don't hear from you for awhile, we'll know why! Go easy now, pace yourself.
Matt

416Ford

I am still waiting for the greatest show yet. "Stuff Knowers". I have it on my watch list but it hasn't shown up on Utube yet. Really bummed.  :(
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

50 F1

myvintageiron  Lots of good motor info.

chimp koose

IDJ  I have boxes of dvd westerns , rawhide , gunsmoke ,bonanza ,the rifleman and a lot of clint movies . At my christmas holiday I usually spend at least one day on the couch just eating munchies and watching westerns . I really need a pair of cowboy pyjammas like when I was a kid !