Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

One more spot up high, messing up the left half. I eventually got mud man and painter blessings on the left half but the right still needs work. High spot all around where that dent was.

So I went down the hinge side jamb, fixing stuffs- This corner had been clearance ground long ago and was split-

Swap ends, to the latch side jamb. Already tidied up a bunch of little shaggy spots-

The following is just a countersunk hole "repair" IDJ style-

Glass tub Bronco about ready to go home-

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

enjenjo

In color yet! Years ago I dabbled in digital drawing, and had done quite a few. One day my three year old grandson managed to delete all of them, and I gave up on it.

Nice job.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Thanks, Frank. 8)  

I've never had much success drawing with the computer or coloring on paper. Blending illustration and rendering seems to be an option though because I like the comic book look and can fix mistakes or experiment easier that way.

I cringe at your story because I know that tragic sinking feeling of lost work. Bad enough without having your faith tested at the same time. :wink:

Try again some time. It is fun on an indoor day and especially if doing your own car.  :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

chimp koose

Thanks for the update. This one has been a lot of work so far

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"Thanks for the update. This one has been a lot of work so far

It certainly has. Timing worked out so that when I left off, the vast majority of the fabrication involved is past. Now is the time to get it together. I have one month to go and will move through whats left as best I can. Surely the pace of progress will appear to move differently than it has because this time it goes together for keeps. Once I see some finished areas on what looks like a car, its gonna hit me that the project has an end. Thats gonna stoke my fire.

I have done what I could to inject perfection and corral a great herd of chaos. At this point, done trumps perfect like with any prewar build. So I'll do my best to stay between the lines from here on out but with the foundation now carefully laid, I can hopefully keep the proverbial hammer down. Again, I have to say thanks to the car and shop owners for providing this growth opportunity for me. They are brave souls and I do not want to let either down.
Matt

chimp koose

has this been your longest build to date

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"has this been your longest build to date

probably but maybe not by much

its the only car i was asked to construct
Matt

idrivejunk

Thats the right tub done. Well, I forgot and welded the inner flange on after pics. :roll:

Right drip rail on-

With all the rattle can sanded off. Painter put epoxy on it this afternoon, no pic yet-

Left tub and flange welded-

Remind me to show you the side ventures involving a ruined Dodge Frame and a junkyard Lexus quarter. During every big job there are side ventures. :wink:  :arrow:
Matt

idrivejunk

Right bottom corner of rear window panel-

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Did some planishing on this side also-

Seam sealer around the pocket. Not enough, but a start-

Again, mostly with screws but for keeps this time-

I had trimmed for apron clearance on the left door, so-

Thats ready to hang now. Hot diggity, its coming true!

Tacked up the back window panel except for the top. Then slipped the roof support in-

Usually this time of year when I leave work theres a pretty sunset on my right. Today, this-

Matt