enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Howzis grab ya? ~:)

Matt

chimp koose

thats more like it ! 8)

idrivejunk

Thanks. Its a starting point. Need side view now. It would probably show more tire from behind, thats based on the wood wheel diameter which is smaller. Bottoms of fenders were just stretched to width to keep the curve looking right. Shown with spare tire mount panel with filled seam. Flush lid means also probably normal chrome bike gas cap instead of fancy flap, too.
Matt

416Ford

Look better Matt, I am thinking that Coyote is going to need more then a 2" exhaust to let it breath. My .02 tells me the green lower pan does not blend.
I put another attempt in the link.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/R6pYVPNHi3GdW8sj7
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Oh yeah... dual twice pipes works also.  :wink:  :idea:  My thought was just to grab some easy tips and go for a 3" look, then they ended up ovals. But naw we don't want her huffing and puffing through a coffee stir stick or soda straw. At least milkshake straw. Real ice cream kind Going with 1 3/4" primaries, I hear. Feel free to play more in the picture box.

I gotta somehow do laundry and start from scratch on a side view but its already bedtime. Dadgum it. Oh, and post the day! And find out who is coming to Easter meet-n-eat at Mom's. Gonna be westerns after midnight on a weeknight again, I can tell. :roll:

Stand by for good stuff from a weary junk driver. 8)
Matt

idrivejunk

The green pan... thats me. Didn't think black would show the shape since thats down in the shadows. Black is fine by me though, just be more difficult to render legibly.

By the way, a token offer of consideration (cheap, but pay nonetheless) was given for the coyote-tagged edits. Thats a small win, my first buck for at-home work. );b( :idea:
Matt

idrivejunk

I'll start with this crummy sketch (this is what happens if I don't trace) explaining what I call flush lid-

I wanted to see all fenders. So I screwed the right fender to the quarter before hanging them as a unit-

I fussed over squaring up the roof support structure and eyeball leveling the insert opening. The straight (but with bends at ends) main cross tube where camper tape is in the pics... will get a sheetmetal bow like the rest welded to it. The plan is  for seam sealer beads on top of the ribs and bows just prior to ribbed roof insert final install. The darker (mill scale) 16 ga cross support that used to be an L is now a U on it's side. Thats right over the driver's head. I was able to bend it over without losing the shape, remarkably. I had bowed it when angled with shrinker jaws. Didn't want hard tubing nor just bent 18 ga overhead so the rounded bent over 16 ga was my middle soluition for when sliding on roof.

At bean time, with fender hanging and door shutting just like it did first shot thanks to the placeholders I tacked to door side hinge pockets. :)

Endo the day and whats the difference?  :?

Roof is tacked. Just one pass of trying to even things up and well, I'll be... its amazing what a square plumb car will do for a wonky roof insert. I may have it a little crooked, and it still needs work where the tree fell but thats where I ran out of time. But I feel some dread relief. Even wiped down the whole car since...

this is the first look with all the panels on.  :!:  :shock:  :arrow:

Aaaand it looks like a Model A!  :)

Thats a new guy working on the fastback aprons. He seems to be a keeper.

Footloose Jr and yet another FNG are going for show, on the Cat. All blocks blazing. 8)

The good ol' Longhair "sloth-man" is now working below the meat wagon drip rail-

Was that it? I think thats all for today. Plenty for everyone! :) Now what? Oh... the clothes dryer. Because human get dirty.  :roll:
Matt

idrivejunk

Does anyone know which is the correct trunk lid fit on a stock A...  :?:  :?:  :?:

:arrow:  flush with the bead next to the trunk opening, or inset a little so the lid would be flush with the un-beaded face of the quarter?
Matt

idrivejunk

I finally positioned the visor referencing the leading edge. Ended up here-

Cut tacks and located the roof insert properly referencing the ribs rather than the panel edge. Then came round two of matchup-n-tack.

Looks like it might be alright-

Stick your head inside if you want-

I'm down here now, doing this-

Matt

idrivejunk

I think I may have wrong rear fenders. An hour on the internet trying to find out got me nowhere but there seems to be two kinds.

Help? I may just have to stop working on it for lack of smarts.

Every nice stock A coupe  I see on the web has fenders with rear bottoms that are level with the running board.

Matt

idrivejunk

Closest thing to a clue I have found-

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/28-29-vs-30-31-roadster-coupe-rear-fenders.834933/#post-9553573

All I know to do is stop and go work on the cowl and firewall now. Some beach.
Matt

kb426

If it helps any, Wescotts' lists 2 different fenders for 28-9 and 2 different ones for 30-1. The coupe and roadster has one and the sedans a different one. Dee Wescott was as close to an expert on early Fords as I had found. I didn't find measurements anywhere.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"If it helps any, Wescotts' lists 2 different fenders for 28-9 and 2 different ones for 30-1. The coupe and roadster has one and the sedans a different one. Dee Wescott was as close to an expert on early Fords as I had found. I didn't find measurements anywhere.

I believe we may have the more square tipped version
Matt