Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

^^^^^
The real deal! :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

What would you do if that car showed up in your shop for a restoration !?? :shock:

idrivejunk

Flip my wig! :D  Then settle into a sentimental coma. :?:

Further ado prevails... I started fixing rockers on that Blazer shown a few posts back. But tomorrow I''ll need to go back to the Cobra and manipulate hatch gaps until its at a point where another guy can take over. Not there yet, I am told. :roll:

The Blazer is a really non-rusty specimen so I am doing relatively small and simple repairs just at the existing corrosion hotspots. It needs the same repair on the other side.

Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^^

That is as genuine as it gets. Him and his buddy flipped their intakes and used downdraft carbs with accelerator pumps for better "out the hole".

Correct me if I am wrong, but that.... is a hot rod. :D  8)  8)  8)  );b(  ~:)  :P>
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Quote from: "kb426"^^^^^

That is as genuine as it gets. Him and his buddy flipped their intakes and used downdraft carbs with accelerator pumps for better "out the hole".

Correct me if I am wrong, but that.... is a hot rod. :D  8)  8)  8)  );b(  ~:)  :P>

That IS the perfect "Hot Rod" .... 8)
Only one response that I can give that photo ......

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Thank you, Bob. Couldn't have said it better myself.  :D  Also the perfect Dad. He is the greatest!

Heres how the Chevy is going-

I have some other pics for you too... Ford stuff.
Matt

idrivejunk

Footloose is carrying the torch on the Cobra. I spent half of yesterday finessing hatch gaps.

I might get to make stuff for this, if I can outdo zip ties:

Matt

UGLY OLDS

Hey Matt ....Not to be picky ...Just a heads up....It looks like the repair parts being used on that new Mustang are a shade or two off... :?  They seem to be a little darker than the than the car  :?:  :?:  :roll:
 I just thought you should know.... :idea:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

I always said you have an eye for the Bobvious. Just one though.  :wink:

Fact is, the man had a 20% coupon for two-tone. We figure if the top is one side, and the front... then the sides are sides... so the rear is twenty percent. I know, I know... fine print.  :roll:

:lol:

I plan to spend half of tomorrow on my rolly stool wrapping up the outer. That kick panel got me all topsy-turvy.
:?  

Stand by as I hop the brand fence  :arrow:
Matt

idrivejunk

Orange you tempted? Thats the late model Vette color on this fiberglass early Bronco body.

The red one-

Oh, and...

THOSE!  :D
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Holy side job, Batman!  :shock:  I am set to resume Model A work in the AM. Glory be. Here are some of today's task to tide you over. Its a VW bug.  :)

Matt

chimp koose

jeez you make that look easy! We all know its not . Nice work on the bug

kb426

TEAM SMART