Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

You can see the new piece there, right?

Hey looky, new meat! 8)

Matt

kb426

One of my friends had a 52 panel wagon. It was called the meat wagon. :) I think you can guess why. That looks like it could use a front steer instead of a rear steer rack. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I glanced at it and only noticed the GM column. Story is, the project is emerging from a 30 year mothball, so... yep. :)  Step one- unload the back and see whut he brung. :shock:

Looks as though theres one totaled Mustang that won't be pirated for rodding. ~:) :lol:
Matt

UGLY OLDS

The Mustang is totaled  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :roll:  :shock:

KB is right ...The rack in that '55 looks SCARY  :shock:  :!:  :!:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

Holy hailstorm batman , that panel wagon has more dings than a church bell ! Not much rust by the looks of things . IDJ normally they give you the ones on life support . Is this one for your work bay ? If it were mine I would make it a cleveland tunnel ram 4speed gasser. Rootbeer metalflake with raunchy flames  8)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"The Mustang is totaled  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :roll:  :shock:

Don't Fox bodys total if the ashtray is full?

Shame on you guys... get to know her before you go ogling her rack. You who noticed it need to stick a dollar in that pic somewhere. ~:)  );b(  :-}
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"Holy hailstorm batman , that panel wagon has more dings than a church bell ! Not much rust by the looks of things . IDJ normally they give you the ones on life support . Is this one for your work bay ? If it were mine I would make it a cleveland tunnel ram 4speed gasser. Rootbeer metalflake with raunchy flames  8)

Astute observation,,, chum. I have some Bat-Ding-Repellant-Spray in my utility belt...

If it turns up in my stall, I'll just have to defib and start an IV then send it to Rampart via ambulance for Dr Early and follow in the red Dodge.  :lol:  (somebody will get that but can they name the show?)

Serious now... I wonder if 3M still has any rolls of woodgrain. :idea:

Imagine it in green flake. With "Aunt Bea's Cannabis Dispensary" on the side, and some dope 36" pot leaf rims doin some 3 wheel motion. :shock:

For real, nothing was said. I know No-thing, Colonel Klink. :lol:  Sounds like the steering was never used but has to go. Theres a Fatman kit boss likes. "Kit"... :roll: Whats the collective RRT solution? I believe the job right now is just inspect and advise.
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"The Mustang is totaled  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :roll:  :shock:

Don't Fox bodys total if the ashtray is full?

Shame on you guys... get to know her before you go ogling her rack. You who noticed it need to stick a dollar in that pic somewhere. ~:)  );b(  :-}

Bob... :oops:  ~:)  ~:)  :-}    :shock: :wink:

Harry

Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Quote from: "chimp koose"Holy hailstorm batman , that panel wagon has more dings than a church bell ! Not much rust by the looks of things . IDJ normally they give you the ones on life support . Is this one for your work bay ? If it were mine I would make it a cleveland tunnel ram 4speed gasser. Rootbeer metalflake with raunchy flames  8)

Astute observation,,, chum. I have some Bat-Ding-Repellant-Spray in my utility belt...

If it turns up in my stall, I'll just have to defib and start an IV then send it to Rampart via ambulance for Dr Early and follow in the red Dodge.  :lol:  (somebody will get that but can they name the show?) "EMERGENCY"
Serious now... I wonder if 3M still has any rolls of woodgrain. :idea:

Imagine it in green flake. With "Aunt Bea's Cannabis Dispensary" on the side, and some dope 36" pot leaf rims doin some 3 wheel motion. :shock:

For real, nothing was said. I know No-thing, Colonel Klink. :lol:  Sounds like the steering was never used but has to go. Theres a Fatman kit boss likes. "Kit"... :roll: Whats the collective RRT solution? I believe the job right now is just inspect and advise.

idrivejunk

Turns out the Mustang is a cherry low miles Cobra and while only a grand or so away, its not totaled. On the contrary, owner is prepared to pay past that plus a donor car is on-site! So... while I used to pride myself at calling totals before unloaded from wreckers... swing and miss on this one! I entirely covered one sheet of legal paper with supplemental ramblings after giving it the once-over with flashlight and tape measure. Lower body is OK, upper body got pretty messy in the hatch gutters. Onward, much ground to cover tonight...

Bob, Harry... use your words please. Explain like I'm five. :?  :lol:  :)(

Theres nobody's nose to rub in the rear rack sin. Here... LOOK. :D

Stop gazing at bad things. They jump out across the street at a guy, whereas good things you gotta crawl and dig for. Such as finding out another guy is tackling it. :D  Thusly :arrow:

Get a load of that door-

:shock:  

Behave and that may not be the last you see of it. :)  

Since I'm already on a tangent, shiny things to add. This car has a bug under the snug fitting rug (trunk carpet up, wires showing) but its just as neat as a pin. Shot this because the minty fresh spare caught my eye.

This solid older Ram is a factory SST that had peeling clear. Its not show paint. Matrix clear over Deltron, nibbed and rubbed, stock color and stripes, no jambs. Just preserving a loved truck for an excited guy, I think he may be the original owner. I can't say it ain't sharp! :wink:

Stand by for standard IDJ fodder. I spent some hours on other projects today so its not much.  :arrow:
Matt

UGLY OLDS

QuoteBob, Harry... use your words please. Explain like I'm five. :?  :lol:  :)(

Gee ...I didn't think that I needed to explain...You said to place $$$$...So I did ..... :roll:

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
QuoteBob, Harry... use your words please. Explain like I'm five. :?  :lol:  :)(

Gee ...I didn't think that I needed to explain...You said to place $$$$...So I did ..... :roll:

Oh em gee  :roll:  That pic looks richer on this 7" screen than it did on the 3.

Well done, lad! 8)

I enjoy my own medicine best. :wink:  :lol:  OH! Shhhhh... here she comes... to sit on your lap! :)

You done good, sir. Did you see Harry in the hall or anything? :?
Matt

idrivejunk

This morning was a long time ago. Ever get like that? Best of my recollection, I done this then. Plus other stuff. And things, and so forth. Varied and sundry work operations and plenty of What-not, What-Have-You, etc.

This here's a "R.O.P.E.  H.A.C.K.". (Relies On Plastic Everywhere. You know the rest if you're hip and have the IDJ decoder ring.) Remember, I'll have quarters off for metal finishing. ;)

Had Mike bust out both pairs of wheelhouses that were on it.  :roll:  In case I could... um  :idea:  :?  :T)  I'll have to wear those on my feet and go walk around in muddy places then keep an eye on the headlines, I guess.

This was my afternoon, pfft. After the crash job evaluation and supplement writing. I had a screw up there ready to drive and bam... assistance required next stall, day gone. :-}

Taunting, banter, chitchat, smalltalk, and rambling will be tolerated. I don't think any of us know what year that medicine wagon is. How to tell? :?:  :arrow:
Matt

GPster

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Turns out the Mustang is a cherry low miles Cobra and while only a grand or so away, its not totaled. On the contrary, owner is prepared to pay past that plus a donor car is on-site! So... while I used to pride myself at calling totals before unloaded from wreckers... swing and miss on this one! I entirely covered one sheet of legal paper with supplemental ramblings after giving it the once-over with flashlight and tape measure. Lower body is OK, upper body got pretty messy in the hatch gutters. Onward, much ground to cover tonight...  :arrow:
So you won't be cutting it up and making a Ranchero out of it? GPster

idrivejunk

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"Turns out the Mustang is a cherry low miles Cobra and while only a grand or so away, its not totaled. On the contrary, owner is prepared to pay past that plus a donor car is on-site! So... while I used to pride myself at calling totals before unloaded from wreckers... swing and miss on this one! I entirely covered one sheet of legal paper with supplemental ramblings after giving it the once-over with flashlight and tape measure. Lower body is OK, upper body got pretty messy in the hatch gutters. Onward, much ground to cover tonight...  :arrow:
So you won't be cutting it up and making a Ranchero out of it? GPster

Good eye! :wink:  Its got the perfect damage to use for that.

Nothing gets past you guys. :lol:  8)
Matt