Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Who is the olde guy in the photo?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

I have said this before, but again, I do regard this (and all) jobs as a privelidge but especially the pre-war stuff. It is a sweet treat for me doing this, at least I think so today... :lol:

Customer was by today, perfect timing. I had just lopped off the second A post and was able to quickly clamp together the quarter pieces and tack the windshield area's top piece in, to clamp the visor to. I had the right door off and the left open, thought he was coming yesterday. He commented that he liked what was happening in the doors. Anyhow, the owner was the first to get the picture and soon boss walked up. They spoke of theme things like colors and interior and a dab of nod to his Dad's time in the service. Sounds like more Pfaff renderings will happen. By the way I saw renderings on the cued up 51 Ford truck job last week. Root beer color or a grey. Model A man may opt for an olive or tan body color with gunmetal running boards.

Additional juicy tidbits- The Car Craft with the 73 TA is out now. It is time to have more employee shirts made, and they feature two builds on the back now. We were talking over how dark cars work best for single color illustrations. I hit him with why not all Pontiacs this time, the TA and 65 GTO ragtop. I sent him a goat pic that was just right and well... the shirt is happening so cool. I think its next week boss will be "Cruisin' the Coast" with his green Bronco. A two toned bullet nosed T bird we did also plans to attend, but my vote for coolest is black 69 SS396 guy.  Would not do me any good to participate in things like that, I learned from Power Tours that oh... you can crank the fun and rewarding experience knobs to max and put all your resources into being in that string of cool rides for those fleeting, greatest time of life moments... and then turn to see the passenger seat empty. And it ain't worth doing.

OK, ok. You read the words I felt like writing this day, so heres your pics, Mr. Sirs. Ask away if need be, I just mowed and ran put of gumption for work talk. :)  Looks like just moving the roof top rear corners straight down where I did creates no mismatch, it fits exactly. Might not be clamped exactly. Pardon me if a pic sucks, that just means I am enjoying the work a lot now. Like I always say: Everybody has a bag. Everybody has a gig. If your bag and your gig jive, man thats groovy! Yeah, groovy and it is but um... its been a small bowl of cereal for supper last couple months and the next couple look much worse. Hard to generate many gumptions thataway.

In the bottom pic, side and front flanges have been chopped off the rear window panel. And I have a patch for the back edge. Door latches are supposed to ship out this Thursday. :roll:  :arrow:
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"Who is the olde guy in the photo?

Eh? Whats that, Sonny boy? Speak up. Why are these things in my hands? Uh-oh, I think the hose is running in the driveway :-}

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

chris spokes

8)  nice work  8)  8)  8)
he who has the most toys wins

jaybee

Wow, so much detail.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Matt, I have a rusty breadbox. I would like to send it to you and have you build it into a Willys Aero coupe, 53 model. Can I come by and pick it up in 6 months or so? I'll take care of the frame and running gear.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"Matt, I have a rusty breadbox. I would like to send it to you and have you build it into a Willys Aero coupe, 53 model. Can I come by and pick it up in 6 months or so? I'll take care of the frame and running gear.

Not to worry Matt ...The breadbox will be supported by 4 fenders ..... 8)  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Depends what kinda bread is in the box, Frank :idea: You have all the breadbox chrome, right?

Thank you guys for acting as rumble strips for me. What day is it? :lol: Anything left in that Thermos?

Buckle up, lets catch the now before a new one comes out :arrow:  :-}

Head inside right quarter window looking forward-

Head in right door window looking rearward

Now look forward. These pics are to show the necessary corner slices. Above the chop line, no slices. Nothng needed at back of quarter window.

I call this the Cat's eye view. It is the angle from whence the 59s gal rider stares daggers at the gal on this side of the chopped 30. Revs will follow.

Lining up the panel skins is one thing, but compensating for vertical taper of the door shell is another.  These are right after chopping.

Matt

idrivejunk

Bob if I've learned anything significant at all here, its that them things take the hot right out of one. Hang onto those streety parts though, no calling them Willys Aero inner fenders either. :lol:

Here are some more details. Check these out on Sunday when your bifocals are right side up. 8)

Yeah, see... those may require study. Don't hurt yourself. I was questioned how a wedge shaped chop did not mess up the vertical gaps and came up with this string of loosely explanatory images. Theres slop everywhere but I am a bodyman, never fear.

Stand by.

Matt

idrivejunk

Alright, step back and eye her up.

Consider yourselves status-quo'ed. 8) Heres a pic to remind you where you came in at-

Who needs a chaser after all that? Yea the A will be ugly until it isn't. My junk is on the other end of that journey, she's oh... around a 14-16 footer at this point. Gaining on 20 fast but y'know a foot a year ain't bad parked outside.

Matt

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Matt, I have a rusty breadbox. I would like to send it to you and have you build it into a Willys Aero coupe, 53 model. Can I come by and pick it up in 6 months or so? I'll take care of the frame and running gear.

Not to worry Matt ...The breadbox will be supported by 4 fenders ..... 8)  :lol:

Bob... :wink:

I have four fenders. I have a 41 Chevy left front fender, a right fender from a 04 Mercury Sable, and two left rear fenders from an AD pickup. And some pieces of a 50 Dodge roof.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"

I have four Fenders. I have a 41 Chevy left front fender, a right fender from a 04 Mercury Sable, and two left rear fenders from an AD pickup. And some pieces of a 50 Dodge roof.

I have a 40th anniversary GTP frame, decklid and spoiler, 72 Cutlass Supreme trunk lid, old 4T65E-HD, 99 GP dash, one push mower, and one garage door. thats just the porch. Whole GP a few steps away. Shed over yonder. What are we doing here, playing that game like we do at work where we all eat a bunch of crusty junk bolts and see who craps the right kind that we need? Thats no fun. But I can understand your car parts situation. Now why do you need all those guitars? :?:  :?

:lol:
Matt

idrivejunk

Kinda midway through fitting the roof insert. Its going to need 3 or 4 bows for support but with all things considered, it is looking fairly comfortable in there. :)

Matt

kb426

Are drip rails going back on?
TEAM SMART