Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Wall of shame (inherited). Thanks guys.  :)  I just really never gave a hoot about rodding ancient fords though, so one could call that the whole stall of shame.
Matt

idrivejunk

Bonus pix to occupy a new page. The seat hasn't fallen out of this one so far-

This is the green car job I may need to put finishing touches on next week. Its harder knowing that guy is on vacation than it is watching him sail through muscley GM products left and right while eating the sparks.

Thats some serious disco smog era look ain't it? Not getting a paint job, just a roll pan. Because ???

Something about a couple welds and bolt holes.

This is partially done as well. Red parts from donor.

This is just a pallate cleansing Pontiac 400 pic from the one on the lift at top of the post, on the twin post. I don't know whats in the Camaro.

That one Bronco job must have stalled. It flaah flooded one day this week and one guy went home that day but hasn't been back.
Matt

kb426

I've seen a camaro like that with a roll pan decades ago. I might not have remembered without your disco comment. I think it was before the pro street movement. ????
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

i see he flipped the lid on the air cleaner .  :lol: that was a trick for closed element filters.  8) teen aged speed secret

idrivejunk

In my thirties I finally got one chrome air cleaner. Into my forties I evolved from flipped lid to trimmed snout plus hole other side. It ain't beyond me to just trim off everything outside the filter. Flipping the lid was mainly for parent's cars. ;)

Dad drove this from about age 13-16. Him and his buddy flipped their manifolds and used chevy carbs with squirters. Dad also had a vacuum advance distributor on his. 33-4 wheels out back, 35 in front. Top hacked and garden hosed, channeled about a foot with rented buzz box. I left out the baling wire holding the windshield, you couldn't see it from here.

I can't say the model A hasn't had an impression on me. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Green car, yep. Gotta re-engineer the roll pan and weld it on, but first theres a bubble on this quarter. Uh-oh!  :)

Next to a rusty crease fix. I asked to cut at tape line. Panel not available locally. But they have the other side of course. Our other side is worse but buried deeper so only one small bubble so far. Leaving the lid on that worm can.

Got the OK to fab patch and go high. While I waited... ker-plunk!

:shock:  :roll:

I'll take me some rusty Camaro work though. With fab, and with destroying another's fresh hard work on the roll pan. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

Just when I thought it was safe to go into the water. :) Mr. I love to cut and replace shows up with more rust. This is such a large part of our world that I should get over it. :) Your kind of project. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Mr Cakewalk says oh yeah. :) I'm gonna use the pencil that puked out.

Trimmed some shag and patched in a scrap of another wheelhouse and am closing up some perforations farther up. The rest shouldn't be so grotesque.  :arrow:

Matt

idrivejunk

The A guy was in today. I slapped front wheels and tail light on , blew it off, angled the car and turned the wheels for added drama. It does have killer low angles. Looks like its gonna chew you up and spit you out. :twisted:

Matt

chimp koose

I dare say that car would look pretty kool with yellow wheels and chrome baby moon hubcaps . I am going with yellow wires on my T . I can not get over how much I like the large diameter wheels on that car . Normally I would reject the Idea but the look is actually pretty tough .

idrivejunk

I hate to bust anyone's bubble but stock model A wheels were 21" and 19". :P
Matt

idrivejunk

A stock 1930-31 model A uses a 29.8" tall tire. The 29s on this would probably get it deleted from the hokey forum eh.  :?:
Matt

idrivejunk

This is under that 68 Firebird. Par for the course-

Matt

idrivejunk

Yep this is a rough course too, but finished with an hour to spare. Next is sink the bumper a half inch or so deeper and weld the top edge of the roll pan all the way across. When I went to wash up at end of day there was a 4 or 5 inch loogie dangling from the spout on the water faucet. I passed. A green Ranger tried to pass me twice on the narrow, driveway-laden 30 MPH no passing road to work this morning. They did not pass. :)

I had to pass on caring to get that done. It is shag-nasty. Y'all don't tell nobody. :)

Matt