LED H4 conversion lampps

Started by moose, July 23, 2018, 09:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Has anyone used the H4 LED conversion lamps like the ones pictures? Claim is 6000 kelvin output. Just wondering if they are worth the dollars to put behind the glass lenses on early cars.

Crosley.In.AZ

I can comment on some LED bulbs used on Goldwing motorcycles...  Early LED bulb conversions the light diode placement did not work well in the OEM fixture.  The light was not focused properly and scattered about the roadway. They were bright, but not focused light where it needed to be.

Since that time, a fellow in TN built some LED bulbs that place the diode in proper location for the OE light housing.  I have seen photos comparing the LED and halogen light out put in the dark.. The LED is brighter, whiter.  Does not seem to light up the road any better than the halogen.

Sorry for the long winded reply
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carnut

Dunno if this helps or not. Put LED's on one of my PT cruisers.

Guess which one it is.

Old Blue

58 Yeoman

Yeah, there would be no way to adjust those so they don't blind oncoming traffic.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

39deluxe

I have read several places that the LED placement isn't right for the lamp reflector and the lens and that light just scatters all over. It seems like they would have to make specific LED bulbs for each car's headlight shape. I put LED bulbs in my backup lights on my Terrain because some guys said you could see better with the back up camera. Like was said above they looked whiter and brighter to look at them but the light they put on the drive behind the car wasn't as good as the standard bulbs.

Tom