Sad News

Started by enjenjo, June 22, 2018, 09:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

A long time friend to me and many others here, Bob Klessig has entered Hospice care. I do not know the reason, but knowing that he is nearing the end makes me sad. Hopefully he goes in peace. He will be missed.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Bob has always been a friend to many in our hobby .....Always ready with a smile & a laugh whenever you saw him....
My thoughts & Prayers are with him & his family ......
God Speed my friend .......

Bob...  :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

I have thought about Bob a lot the last couple of days.  I really would like to see the photo of him fishing on the salt flats from 2002.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Bob was diagnosed with cancer near the end of 2016...if I remember right it was a form of lung cancer. He's put up a hell of a fight. He's been a dear friend for 35 years or so. I will miss him.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Quote from: "WZ JUNK".  I really would like to see the photo of him fishing on the salt flats from 2002.

John
Here is one I took John.

Bob is one of those rare guys you meet that if you are lucky enough to call a friend your life has been blessed.
George

348tripower

Bob is one of those people who never misses a chance to sway hello! I saw him at the Autorama in Detroit.  It makes me sad to here this news.
Don
Don Colliau

Ohio Blue Tip

Sad news, Bob is a great guy and always ready to have a talk.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

48bill

Quote from: "enjenjo"A long time friend to me and many others here, Bob Klessig has entered Hospice care. I do not know the reason, but knowing that he is nearing the end makes me sad. Hopefully he goes in peace. He will be missed.

So very sad.  I met Bob in 2011 in Austin TX during the LONESTAR.  Sitting on the wall watching the cars go by.

Saw him last in Detroit in March for the AUTORAMA this year.  He looked good and said he also felt good.

A real loss to our community of gear heads.
48bill
Bill C from Connecticut
48 Chevrolet Cabriolet

slocrow

Ah crap...
What a swell guy...

I don't know what to say :cry:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

river1

according to Facebook (his grand daughters post) he passed sometime today

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

everytime/all the times i spent with B :b-d: b was a great time. he will be missed

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

purplepickup

Bob has touched so many lives in very special ways. His wit will be sorely missed as will the Lena and Ole jokes he would tell with that twinkle in his eye. I hope God knows what he's in for with Bob in His neighborhood.

Rest in peace Bob
George

UGLY OLDS

Rest in Peace my friend ......Rest in Peace..... :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Bob... :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com