Wooohooo! Finally some progress

Started by 48builder, September 28, 2004, 05:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

As some guys will remember from many moons ago, my '48 Chevy has been "in progress" for many moons.

I finally got motivated to get some work done on it. In the last month I have got the tranny x-member done, the motor mounts are done and ready to be welded to the frame, the steering column and brake pedal are all roughed in so I can not start laying out the dash and hooking up fuel and brake lines. I had a gas tank made, and as son as I get the wiring harness sorted out I am thinking I'll get the engine fired up!

If I can keep this streak going, I may drive it before 2010!
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

47wood

Sounds great!  How about some pics to encourage the rest of us.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

purplepickup

Walt, is the bottom one on this page the one you're working on?  This is one of the RRT Member rides pages. http://www.roddingroundtable.com/rides/members/88walt.html

It sounds like you're having a burst of energy and getting some stuff done.     I need to do that too.
George

Bob K

Way to go Walt, that thing is gonna be awsome when it's done. Let's see some pic's please. Maggie say's Hi, Hope you guy's are doing great, we are.

Bob & Muggs
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Bruce Dorsi

Way to go, Walt!  

Isn't this one supposed to be for your wife?  
.....If so, Shawn is a VERY patient person!

Did you go to Burlington?  ....I haven't read anything about the attendance there, and I was curious to learn how it did up against the GG event at Rhinebeck.

~~~~Bruce
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

48builder

Quote from: "purplepickup"Walt, is the bottom one on this page the one you're working on?  This is one of the RRT Member rides pages. http://www.roddingroundtable.com/rides/members/88walt.html

Yep. That's the one. I'll try to get some more pics posted. It looks a little different now.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

48builder

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Way to go, Walt!  

Isn't this one supposed to be for your wife?  
.....If so, Shawn is a VERY patient person!

Did you go to Burlington?  ....I haven't read anything about the attendance there, and I was curious to learn how it did up against the GG event at Rhinebeck.

~~~~Bruce

Yeah, we went and had a great time. There were fewer people than normal, which only increased my chances of winning a prize. So, I won a set of Stewart Warner gauges, if you  know anybody that needs some. I am using the Z28 set in the '48.

And yes, Shawn is itching to get this thing done, so she is allowing me some extra time in the garage. Make sure you get up here next July so you can see it in person!
'39 Chevy driver