Frustration breeds creativity

Started by rumrumm, April 14, 2018, 02:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

I think you have to admit to a basic design failure when you have to superglue a 6-32 nut to your index finger in order to get a bolt started in a small space. But it worked! Anyone else had to resort to doing weird stuff like this?
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "rumrumm"I think you have to admit to a basic design failure when you have to superglue a 6-32 nut to your index finger in order to get a bolt started in a small space. But it worked! Anyone else had to resort to doing weird stuff like this?

See my Team Smart status.... :oops:  :roll:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

jaybee

Does using two small blocks of wood and a small C clamp to hold a cam phaser in place while I changed a timing belt count?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

34ford

I wrap masking tape around my finger with the sticky side out and then stick the nut, bolt or what ever to the tape.

Beck

I'm with 34ford - I do the tape trick also. I haven't resorted to the superglue yet.

enjenjo

I have a set of http://www.fingerwrench.com/ I bought them at the nationals several years ago.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Why waste tape and glue? Thats what boogers are for! :idea:  :roll:

A dab of butyl rubber on a fingertip is another way.
Matt

GPster

Quote from: "rumrumm"I think you have to admit to a basic design failure when you have to superglue a 6-32 nut to your index finger in order to get a bolt started in a small space. But it worked! Anyone else had to resort to doing weird stuff like this?
You can also use it to seal the hole in your finger nail. GPster

idrivejunk

Quote from: "GPster"
You can also use it to seal the hole in your finger nail. GPster

For this: glaze coat or clearcoat, depending upon severity. :)
Matt

crdnblu

A dab of 3M Strip Calk is my "go-to" solution.

rumrumm

I've used the tape trick with bigger nuts on occasion. But those 6-32 nuts are tiny. Never seen those finger wrenches before--clever thinking to come up with those.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Beck

I wonder how many of us are ordering those finger wrenches?
I like that idea.

BFS57

Hello;
Im Guilty a thousand times over!! I used to build Control line models and I used to hold parts in my fingers while using a dremel tool till one day, I drilled a 1/8" hole in my finger!! (Stupid)
I like those finger wrenches!!!!

Bruce

GPster

Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;
Im Guilty a thousand times over!! I used to build Control line models and I used to hold parts in my fingers while using a dremel tool till one day, I drilled a 1/8" hole in my finger!! (Stupid)
I like those finger wrenches!!!!

Bruce
When I built control line planes I used Ambroid cement. The only thing I ever glued to my finger was the one next to it. GPster

t-vicky

If you havent done this then you never worked aircraft.