New Trunk lid for my PT Convertible

Started by Carnut, April 13, 2018, 02:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

When Roger gets ready to make the louvers he could yell out to all the other hot rodders present...

"Hang on everybody, I'm gonna punch it!"

:lol:  :wink:  :idea:  8)
Matt

papastoyss

Quote from: "Carnut"Work continues, feels like a 16yr kid getting work done on his first Hot Rod.

Got the keylock rekeyed for my current key

Welding in the patch panel, oh, the patch panel is made from a portion of a 1957 Ford F100 Hood.

Just about ready to head for the louver press

Oh yeah, the obligatory foot in pic.

Kinda wondered about those sandals & welding, can you say hot foot?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

UGLY OLDS

HEY  :!:   Lookie there ^^^^^^ :!:  :!:  
He plays "Connect the Dots" just like IDJ does    :shock:  :shock:  :!:  :!:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

Heh, heh, got trunk lid ready to head to louver press guy.

Carnut

Just delivered PT Trunk lid to Jeb McGregor for louver punching.

Jeb says isn't too embarrassed working on a wienie PT Cruiser.

kb426

TEAM SMART

Carnut

Jeb McGregor's louver press.

We now have louvers and lots a work ahead.

58 Yeoman

HA! I see one that's off. Just kidding. Looks good. That's something that I'd like to watch being done just once.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Carnut

Heh, heh, I think getting louvers is kinda like getting tattoos. Some folks like them and some folks don't.

I do have a spare hood for my 67 Dodge Charger just don't think I have the courage to do it.

kb426

^^^^^^
Good statement, George. Louvers , flames and pinstriping tend to bring polarized opinions.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Isn't the second row from the left supposed to have 10 louvers  :?:  :?:  :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

Spent the day filing the edges off on the louver openings so no cut fingers in the future.

idrivejunk

Nifty :!:  :D  I like louvers fine as long as some restraint is used as far as where and how many. In this case, well if you want to switch to VW power in the future, you're all set. :idea:  :lol: Seriously... not too shabby so far. Enjoy bodyworking it up, and take your time. :)
Matt

kb426

George, it's great to see that rodding can tackle a PT cruiser and have improvements. :)
TEAM SMART

Carnut

Quote from: "idrivejunk"In this case, well if you want to switch to VW power in the future, you're all set. :idea:  :lol:

Heh, heh, with a 220hp turbo under the hood with more than adequate motivation, I won't be interested any powerplant changes

Hard to believe 'back in the day' my Model A Ford Coupe had a 100hp 49 Ford Flathead V8 and it was quick for me.

Also that 220hp in the PT is figured in a modern hp method figuring of hp while the old 100hp was figured on a lot less strick method