Gasoline Prices: 2021

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 04, 2018, 08:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Prices at some places are starting to drop, I guess because the holidays are over. I saw $2.77 yesterday which is the lowest I've seen in quite a while. I've also noticed that a couple of the 'car wash discount' places have quit offering the discount even on holidays.

We had 3 stations in town (2900 pop.), a Casey's, Freedom and BP. Casey's bought the freedom station and shut it down. They are supposed to start building their new Casey's at that location this coming August. It's a better location about three blocks away; the corner of two busy state highways. There will be another empty gas station at the old Casey's.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I paid 3.10 a gallon on tuesday . I have noticed a few places that premium gasoline in 3.50 to 3.56 a gallon
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

got 35 gallons, paid $2.09.9 tonite with using $1.00 worth of fuel points. most stations around me seem to have settled on $3.09.9. we'll see how long it'll stay there

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

I paid 3.06 tuesday morning.  Many stations I roll by Are still at 3.10 a gallon.

Diesel fuel seems to be at 3.10 or slightly higher
Tony

Rrumbler

Went to SoCal over the weekend, tanked up here for $3.79 and in Ontario, Cali, about 40 miles inland from the coast for $3.90 on the back leg.  Down on the coast, I saw it for just under, and just over $4 and change.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Crosley.In.AZ

paid 3.05 on friday morning in Phx area I drive thru...    Since the price went north of 3 dollars a gallon here.  Seems like the industry is happy , for now.

I have seen diesel fuel a few cents lower than regular grade gasoline
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Crosley"paid 3.05 on friday morning in Phx area I drive thru...    Since the price went north of 3 dollars a gallon here.  Seems like the industry is happy , for now.

I have seen diesel fuel a few cents lower than regular grade gasoline

Prices not changing much in the areas I run in...  3.06 a gallon at a few stations. Mostly 3.10  Gallon is what see on the signs.
Tony

river1

Costco near me is $2.85.9

i filled at a local Circle K at $2.99.9 before using grocery points for a $1 off

got 35 gallons for $70 :)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

I spoke too soon.  Station I ride past was at 2.99-9 this morning .  3 dollars a gallon for the truck, 12.04 gallons.

My wife uses the Fry's points for her gasoline.

We have not used the Costco near us for gasoline in a year or so..  The place is absolutely jammed up all day with people.  Unless you get there at smack dab opening minute.
Tony

58 Yeoman

I use premium non-ethanol in my small engines, and we went to the neares Phillips 66 yesterday to fill two 5 gallon cans. Regular was $2.89, while all the other stations in town were $2.71. Close to $3.50 for the premium. Oh well. Then we went to Kroger for gas for the truck, and using my card discount, it was around $2.26 for reg.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Rrumbler

Down a bit here from a couple of weeks ago, $3.20 to $3.60 out and about town yesterday; I got some a Smith's with points discount  for$2.88.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

phat46

The local (Detroit) TV. stations were predicting last week how our gas prices would go up and peak on the 4 th. As usual just the opposite happened, we went down from $3.10 to $2.69. 😄 The predictions they make always go the opposite, but I was worried as they usually do peak around the 4th, especially since Canada Day, their Independance Day, Is July 1, and many of our Canadian neighbors come over here for "cheap" gas for their holidays, and our local gas stations are more than happy to jack up the prices for them, since it's still cheaper than $1.26 a liter over there. I went over to my sister in laws house in Canada last week, about a five mile trip, to do some home repairs for her, but made sure I had plenty of gas before I left! 😉

Crosley.In.AZ

Monday am..  In Phoenix area near my work:  I paid 2.94 a gallon for regular.

This is a standard pump at a Circle K Store here.  No points or other discount gizmo.  Just buying gasoline.
Tony

enjenjo

Yesterday the price here in swanton was $2.64. I had .40 in fuel points so I paid  $2.24
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Arnold

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I use premium non-ethanol in my small engines, and we went to the neares Phillips 66 yesterday to fill two 5 gallon cans. Regular was $2.89, while all the other stations in town were $2.71. Close to $3.50 for the premium. Oh well. Then we went to Kroger for gas for the truck, and using my card discount, it was around $2.26 for reg.

We are still hanging tough at about $1.25 LITRE here in S. Ontario. Toronto is about $1.35.

I too use premium non-ethanol in ALL small engines. THEN I got a DEGREE :lol: from "Team Smart" recently :oops:
  SOMEHOW :?: I thought seeing as how my GARDEN tractor uses and hold so much fuel.(automotive type tank and fill) I should try regular ethanol. Worked ok.Same. Why not.

The replacement fuel pumps warn of using gas with too much ethanol in them.
    They are like $200 :shock:

End of pump :evil: Had to splice in cheap electric to save a lot of that pile of money.