Gasoline Prices: 2021

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 04, 2018, 08:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

We are down to $2.04-$2.06 around here, waiting to break the two dollars a gallon barrier! 😄 I have seen a lot more Canadian cars over here recently, probably Christmas shopping, but I bet they also fill up the tank while here! Can't blame them, even though the Canadian dollar is worth .70 here it's still cheaper. 👍

kb426

I paid 2.20 this evening.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Even lower than at last fill-up today, same spot... E10 for $1.96 and my flavor, 100% 91 was $2.66. :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Paid 2.74 a gallon this morning, near the house....  diesel was 3.10 a gallon
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "idrivejunk"I was relatively pleased when I went to fill up the blown Pontiac today in Rogers Arkansas and our favorite flavor was $2.76. :)  That was low enough to get even my attention. 100% Sunoco 91. Mid was $2.61, Regular $2.46... and E10 for $2.16. Chugalug, right foot! :lol:

Just as a laughably sad comparison  :lol:  :shock:  :cry:  those ^^^ prices were from old downtown in the town named after Will Rogers. Today I went to the college town from Southern Living's top ten places in the south to live list. The one with the outspoken lgb community and "decriminalized" pot and taxes to the moon. In the next county.

Both Sunoco places.

87 $2.80, 89 $3.30, 93 $4.30, 98 $8.10.

Dadgum. :!:
Matt

kb426

Yesterday I paid $2.18. Maybe it's good to be in no-where.:)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

paid 2.74 a gallon on sunday.  Goldwing was thirsty.  Installed 5.7 gallons.  Tank holds 6.6

Diesel was at 3.10 a gallon at that station  in Phoenix
Tony

Arnold

S. Ontario..we are WAAY down! to like...98 Cents/LITRE..SOoo..I celebrated.. :D
Bought another 4wd truck. 1998 GMC Sierra SLE K2500 4x4..crew cab..2-3 passenger bench seats,8'box,tallish cap  :lol:
I'll run a "few" tanks through it..THAT will fix the economy and the price of oil :lol:

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

parklane

Quote from: "Arnold"S. Ontario..we are WAAY down! to like...98 Cents/LITRE..SOoo..I celebrated.. :D
Bought another 4wd truck. 1998 GMC Sierra SLE K2500 4x4..crew cab..2-3 passenger bench seats,8'box,tallish cap  :lol:
I'll run a "few" tanks through it..THAT will fix the economy and the price of oil :lol:

It was down to 0.87/litre in town yesterday, but up to 1.09 today
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Crosley.In.AZ

Man o man... we are getting screwed here on gasoline prices.
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"Man o man... we are getting screwed here on gasoline prices.

Maybe it's "Snowbird" Season   :?:  :?:  :idea:  :roll:

Maybe it's like when my Kidd lived in "Barstool" California......Price for gas on the main drag was all the same at all stations ... :?
 If you drove three blocks in another direction away from the "Main Drag" , it was $1.00++ cheaper... :shock:  :shock:  :x  :x
Only the "locals" knew about that ...

Or when my parents lived close to a "resort" town in Wisconsin...ALL the local people knew to buy gas,groceries,ammunition, ANYTHING they may need by Thursday night....  It seems that ALL the prices in town went up 25% on Friday AM & went back down on Tuesday AM... :roll:  

On one trip I mentioned that we were going to stop at a roadside stand on the way home for some veggies & such...My Dad insisted that I take HIS car & run over there now ...Mrs & I picked a bunch of goodies & went to the checkout ...I figured the total was going to be about $25.00 & had cash ready ...The nice checkout lady quietly said..."Oh..That's the "Tourist Pricing"...I saw from your license plates that you are local......It's $12.00 for you..... :shock:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Maybe it's "Snowbird" Season   :?:  :?:  :idea:  :roll:

On one trip I mentioned that we were going to stop at a roadside stand on the way home for some veggies & such...My Dad insisted that I take HIS car & run over there now ...Mrs & I picked a bunch of goodies & went to the checkout ...I figured the total was going to be about $25.00 & had cash ready ...The nice checkout lady quietly said..."Oh..That's the "Tourist Pricing"...I saw from your license plates that you are local......It's $12.00 for you..

Bob.. :wink:

Purty common situation on price changing...  

Local stations with car wash offer discount on gasoline when you buy a wash at the pump.  Except: on holiday weekends.  The discount disappears a few days before the weekend.  Plus the car wash near us is broke down so often, we drive to a different car wash for over a year now.

Similair deal on license plates in South Dakota in the Mount Rushmore area. Locals get free entrance in some of the events like Crazy Horse monument
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Filled the truck up at the station near work....  it was at 2.74 a gallon for days..  thursday morning 6am  it was 2.64 a gallon.  They must have heard Bob talking , I guess?

As I rolled up to the corner, I saw the 2.639 price on the sign.  I thought it was wrong.  Pulled in, Filled up the truck : 16 gallons
Tony

enjenjo

This video is very interesting  
 It really makes you think.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.