What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Worked on the Torino tail panel last night. Now it stitch stitch stitch time.

For those of us who don't know ANYTHING about the Buick Frank. Whats up with the next project? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

chimp koose

Finished modifying the Harley rim last night , now back to the roadster .

enjenjo

Quote from: "416Ford"Worked on the Torino tail panel last night. Now it stitch stitch stitch time.

For those of us who don't know ANYTHING about the Buick Frank. Whats up with the next project? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

I can't find the pictures of mine right now, but it is a 1965 Buick Skylark Sportwagon. A no rust Arizona car originally from the Tucson area. It has the raised roof and windows like a Olds Vista Cruiser. It has a fresh rebuilt 300 cube Buick engine, a fresh 200R4 transmission, 3.42 rear axle ratio. The AC has been converted to modern orifice tube control, modern compressor, and R134 refrigerant. The engine is set up with GM TBI injection using a Painless wiring kit. I may change that to a FI Teck TBI system. The cam is reground to Buick GN specs to take advantage of the Fuel injection. It also has GN spec pistons.

I converted the front end to disc brakes using 72 A body parts. Since I have the parts I may do a tall spindle conversion to 12" discs, and sell the setup that is on it now. I also switched to a dual chamber master cylinder.

I am installing power bucket seats with the original upholstery pattern, and a console with a floor shift. It has a 70s van tilt column with no shifter. It is the original Astro Blue with the top painted in silver metalflake. I did not like the Skylark side trim, or the funky portholes that it had, so I modified Buick Special trim to fit, shortening quarter trim to fit the front fenders, and stretching the rear door trim 4" to fit the longer wagon rear doors. I may install 50 Buick Portholes if I can find a good set.

If I can figure out a way, I would like to fot Skylark Sedan tail lights but I have not gotten too far into that.

[/url]
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Did you say silver FLAKE ! :D  :D  :D

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"Did you say silver FLAKE ! :D  :D  :D

Yes I did!

chimp koose

Enjenjo , you sir , have STYLE !  8)  8)  8)

kb426

TEAM SMART

416Ford

Quote from: "kb426"Pics or it doesn't exist!!!! :)

I agree %100.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

What he said   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 8)

Bob...
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

as clint eastwood said   "go ahead , FLAKE my day ".

sirstude

Remember the car well, glad to see you are back on it.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Well, it's been off the road now for 14 years. It's about time I got back on it.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, it's been off the road now for 14 years. It's about time I got back on it.
Man, that was a quick 14 years. :shock:  Doesn't seem anywheres near that long.
George

idrivejunk

Cool wagon, Frank. 8)  

Dropped the striker washer while working on the A today. Only luck was seeing where it went. I will never understand how it went into a weld gap on the rocker tubing and would not fit through the same slit to come out. Had to cut out a chunk of rocker. :roll:
Matt

WZ JUNK

I helped the grandsons build stilts yesterday.  Then I demonstrated how to walk on stilts.  Then I taught them to use the stilts.  A good day for an old man.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH