What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Bob, C.K.: I vote for the solid cam. I like the sound of it and the extra rpm that it provides. I realize you probably won't get to do it very often, but the sound of a healthy v8 running through the rpm range is pretty nice music. By using posi locks on the rockers, shouldn't you be able to run 10-15 thousand miles without attention?
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

A good friend died this morning after a long illness. Steve was only 51 yrs old.

He had helped me on several car projects over the past 30+  years I have known him  

He always had a positive attitude, even the recent years with mini strokes taking his eye sight, loss of his balance,  then the lost of right side movement of his limbs.

RIP buddy
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Digger

Quote from: "Crosley"A good friend died this morning after a long illness. Steve was only 51 yrs old.

He had helped me on several car projects over the past 30+  years I have known him  

He always had a positive attitude, even the recent years with mini strokes taking his eye sight, loss of his balance,  then the lost of right side movement of his limbs.

RIP buddy

sounds like a great guy Tony, Sorry for your and his loved ones loss.

Digger
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

enjenjo

It always hurts to lose a long time friend, you have my sympathy Tony.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"KB you know what they say about if its too loud... :lol:

Men, you are not hallucinating :shock: nor have you warped to deep space... this is my new objet d'art  :arrow:  Look away if you have not had your meds.

Seriously, thats leak pan slurry from under my GTP. She was in for her annual heater hose elbow party today. :roll:

Gee ... I took one glance & thought you finally went after the stupid dogs .... :roll:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:

I've seen metal elbows in some of the parts stores....

Like those in the pic?

I have used the aluminum ones mostly but used plastic GM ones before that. No matter what, they only make a couple winters, tops. The aluminum ones won't crack or rip like plastic but can damage the O ring bores or crack the timing cover, intake, or alternator bracket upon removal if stuck and pried on.
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"A good friend died this morning after a long illness. Steve was only 51 yrs old.

RIP buddy

Thats is a rough one to take. I have had three local friends around that age encounter strokes in recent times, all very positive minded, hard working car guys like your friend and one is gone but the others carry on. Peace and comfort to you and his kin.
Matt

58 Yeoman

Sorry to hear about your friend, Tony. My condolences.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

Sorry to hear about your friend Tony ...I'm sure that he is in a much better place now ....Our thoughts & prayers are with you & his family ....

Bob.... :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

sorry for your loss . Good buddies are like family .

chimp koose

KB I like where you are going with the winding it out comment ! I have not had a snotty street car since 82 , and I parked my dragster after the 97 season . I plan on bracket racing the coupe occasionally , and disrupting the neighborhood frequently . If that doesn't get it out of my system it will be front engine dragster #3 for me ! I want a hot rod !

sirstude

Short day at work I hope.  Then getting ready to take off tomorrow morning and drive down to the Roadster Show in Pomona.  Will have more time on the road than down there.  This is another one of those "we aren't doing anything this weekend, let's go".  Kind of like the first time I ever went to Bonneville.  That trip was with Odie also.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

butch27

Sorry to hear-- I lost one from the club 5 weeks ago  after losing his leg to sugar.  Sad

kb426

Tony my condolences to you. 30 years is wonderful.  :cry:
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

chimp koose

HOLY S#@! I GOT IT !!!! Ten years and this is my first successful picture ! Thanks youtube !