What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat46"My grand parents, in Grand Rapids Mi. Never had a water heater, cooked water on the stove and dumped it in the tub. They also had a hand pump on the kitchen sink ....
Sounds like life here at hermitland.  No electricity, hand pump, & outhouse. It's really very nice.
George

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "phat46"My grand parents, in Grand Rapids Mi. Never had a water heater, cooked water on the stove and dumped it in the tub. They also had a hand pump on the kitchen sink ....
Sounds like life here at hermitland.  No electricity, hand pump, & outhouse. It's really very nice.

George, you're living my dream.... :)

Crosley.In.AZ

today (saturday)  was the "work on the wife's daily driver" day ...  general maintenance.

80k miles on the ol Civic Honda.  Eng oil & filter, dropped the trans oil, rotated the tires, Cabin air filter, engine air filter , serp belt. checked the brakes, checked the CV boots.

I bought many of the parts & oil a few weeks ago.  THe air filter I bought on eBay.. wrong one. It was dang close, not sure what happened there.  I bought the last air filter on eBay too.  Road trip to Auto Zone.. bought the air filter... decided to buy a serp belt too.  I was gonna wait on belt replacement, changed my mind.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Crosley"today (saturday)  was the "work on the wife's daily driver" day ...  general maintenance.

80k miles on the ol Civic Honda.  Eng oil & filter, dropped the trans oil, rotated the tires, Cabin air filter, engine air filter , serp belt. checked the brakes, checked the CV boots.

I bought many of the parts & oil a few weeks ago.  THe air filter I bought on eBay.. wrong one. It was dang close, not sure what happened there.  I bought the last air filter on eBay too.  Road trip to Auto Zone.. bought the air filter... decided to buy a serp belt too.  I was gonna wait on belt replacement, changed my mind.

After some research:  some guy (me) bought an air filter for a CNG Honda Civic  on eBay,   not the regular gasoline Civic air filter. Oh well.  An $8.50 mistake. Likely my lowest cost mistake this year.

:shock:
Tony

kb426

I mowed the spare lot for what should be the last time this year. The forecast for tomorrow is up to 3" of snow and cold. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I left home early this morning and I drove the 54 Chevy to Fairland, Oklahoma for a hot rod breakfast that a friend of mine host every month.  After breakfast I drove home to pick up the wife and then off to Mt. Vernon, Mo to a car show, and Apple Butter Making Days festival.  From there we drove north to pick up historic route 66 and we headed west.  We stopped at a really neat restaurant just of the old highway called the Hanger Kafe.  It is located on a small but busy airport and it was a fun, good, place to eat.  Highly recommended by me.  From there we continued west on 66 to Baxter Springs, Kansas and the opening of a new car museum on the route.  Three states in one day and some time on the old highway.   A great day to be out in an old car.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

John, you had way more fun than me. We needed a new couch in the basement tv room, as the old one was about 20 years old and worn out.  We had to cut up the old one, as my wife isn't strong enough to help carry it up the stairs. We pulled all the stuffing out, then cut the wood in half and hauled it up the stairs. We had to bring the new one in the front door, as it's the only one that is 36" wide, then stand it up to turn it through a doorway into the kitchen. We had moved the fridge, so we could slide it to the basement stairway, then slide it down. We made it.

We did have to remove both wooden handrails on the basement stairs. Anyway, the faux leather looks good down there, and we didn't rip anything moving it down. :wink:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Nice road trip John ...  It rained all day here.  Actually started a light rain friday late evening.
Tony

BFS57

Hello;
Where do I start?
OK! the darn mustang Im working on (complete re-wire) is coming along, until last night! This car has had lots of brain dead folks working on it way before me, so a simple re wire turns into a nightmare!!! (does it ever!!!!!)
Then, on the 24th of last month, my wife calls me and it's kind of not like her but she says, "I just hit the bus!". Well lucky for her, I was near where she was! And yes, she did hit the * end of a metro bus! WITH OUR (her) NEW JAGUAR!!!!! Thing is heavily  damaged!! Then as if I don't have enough bad luck, our insurance (Progressive) informs us that they won't pay the claim because my wife is listed as an "excluded" driver!!! The policy I updated in December of 2017 to insure our cars on I told that agent that I and my wife would be driving these cars!!! The exclusion was from 2015 when My aunt, Now Decesed, had done that!
So now Im in a battle to right that bunch of BS!
Finding a shop to do the work on the new car has turned into an ugly battle also!!!!! Parts are in the thousands of dollars!!!! The headlights are $2500 Each!!!! As well as trying to find a shop that is "Jaguar" aluminum certified here in Calif. Im betting the cost to be 13-16 K!!!!!! I did find a parts place and shop in Knoxville Tenn! Certified parts and repairs with up to 20% off!!! Thinking of having the car shipped there, get it fixed and drive it back home!!! Im not partial to the tax base here in Calif. eithor!! :twisted:
Right now, Im just waiting the next blow to the skull!!!!

Bruce

kb426

Wow, Bruce. Thats a mess deluxe. Good luck with that mess.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Started working on the crashed / bent drag race roadster chassis today . I machined up a bunch of 3/4" metal plates bored to fit the tubes of the chassis and split them . They are all exactly the same height . I leveled my welding table and then roughly squared the chassis with the table . I am now shimming the plates to level the back half of the chasis and will weld them and the chasis tubes to the table when all is well . I will be cutting off the front half of the chassis and building a new one . Nothing like a little side project to stall out work on the model T eh !

BFS57

Hello!
UPDATE ON MY JAGUAR!!!!!
Progressive has decided to cover our car for the accident!!!! Good!! The bill is looking like near 20K!!! :shock:
and the * car isn't really damaged that much, just in the front!!!

WZ JUNK

Attended a local show of about 500 cars yesterday.  I got rid of a 20+ year collection of Street Rodder magazine by giving them away.  I thought I would go back to them and reread articles, but I never did.

Today is a smaller event at a really nice place overlooking a lake.  

Next week is the rescheduled fall nostalgia drag race and that should end the season for me.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

^^^^^
That's probably what will happen to my collection, also. Several years ago I gave away the cycle mag collection. You hate to through something away that you saved for years put there comes a point of uselessness. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

The car show I attended today is hosted by the Rebels Car Club of Miami, Ok.  It was their 30th show and I have attended most of them.  I did not know until I registered that this was the last show.  Most of the members are to old to promote and host the show, so this was the last one.  Sad to see this one end as it has always been a great finish to the car season.

Times are changing.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck