What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"What was the resolution with the brakes on Vickie's car  :?:  :?:

Bob... :wink:

I did not check the rod on the second master cylinder, new rear brake hose and someone else working on it.

We took it Saturday and the left rear brake was smoking. I had to pull the drum and back the brakes off. Thar made it even better, it was so tight that it wanted to put you threw the windshield.

I was able to enlist the help of my future assistant also.
Vickie and I's nephew at the age of 4.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

That is a great pic!  :D  Let's hope he will fondly recall internal combustion. :lol:
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"What was the resolution with the brakes on Vickie's car  :?:  :?:

I did not check the rod on the second master cylinder, new rear brake hose and someone else working on it.

We took it Saturday and the left rear brake was smoking. I had to pull the drum and back the brakes off. Thar made it even better, it was so tight that it wanted to put you threw the windshield.

I was able to enlist the help of my future assistant also.
Vickie and I's nephew at the age of 4.

Oh ...I see that you brought in a professional tech to get it resolved ...... :roll:    What's his hourly rate  :?:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Josh came over today and changed the fuel Pump on the Marlin with some pointers from me on getting the push rod right. Started right up. The bad news is the right rocker cover is leaking, and it won't come off unless you remove the motor mount on that side to drop the engine down to get the cover to clear the heater box. :roll:  So now it's leaking oil on both ends.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

Quote from: "enjenjo"Josh came over today and changed the fuel Pump on the Marlin with some pointers from me on getting the push rod right. Started right up. The bad news is the right rocker cover is leaking, and it won't come off unless you remove the motor mount on that side to drop the engine down to get the cover to clear the heater box. :roll:  So now it's leaking oil on both ends.

I can see if my nephew can come down and help fix it. He like fish....
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

sirstude

I forgot to mention that last week at the Spokane Good Guys I was in the first group of winners on the pick.  First 2 guys took the buffing kits, so that left the Lizzard Skin for me.  They happened to have a booth there this year and I was able to just pick it up right then and not pay any freight.  Gave me a pretty good deal on 4 more gallons.  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

It's 105 degrees in the shop this evening. I have some stuff ready for in the morning. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Took friday off.  4 day long weekend.  I call it my practice for retirement.

It was 108*F on the ride home from work on the Goldwing
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

If you are in need of a tool from Harbor Freight... they have their usual 25% discount coupon on Labor day Monday.   Of course many exceptions to the coupon.  Read the small print.  LOL
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"If you are in need of a tool from Harbor Freight... they have their usual 25% discount coupon on Labor day Monday.   Of course many exceptions to the coupon.  Read the small print.  LOL

Can I use the coupon to get a magnifying glass so I can read the fine print  :?:  :shock:  :?   :oops:

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

I was at a garage sale yesterday, and there was a  Craftsman 19+Volt reciprocating saw, battery and charger for $40. The woman said it had only been used once. I got it for $30. The two blades hadn't been used. I looked online, and the saw goes for around $60 and the battery/charger goes for about $80.  It will come in handy for small jobs where I don't want to string the wire for the Milwaukee saw.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

GPster

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I was at a garage sale yesterday, and there was a  Craftsman 19+Volt reciprocating saw, battery and charger for $40. The woman said it had only been used once. I got it for $30. The two blades hadn't been used. I looked online, and the saw goes for around $60 and the battery/charger goes for about $80.  It will come in handy for small jobs where I don't want to string the wire for the Milwaukee saw.
They are also handy when you are standing on a ladder and are trimming tree branches. GPster

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Guess I will mention that 5 scorpions have been smashed this week.  2 in the house.  3 were out back along the fence, where they like to live.

The battery powered reciprocating saws are handy for tree trimming up on  a ladder.  I have a gas powered 2 stroke pole chain saw I use too.
Tony

WZ JUNK

Returned from Alaska last night.  We have now visited all of the National Parks in north America. This includes the 8 in Alaska and the 2 in Hawaii.  That means we have two left, 1 in the Virgin Islands that is currently closed, and 1 on American Samoa in the south Pacific.

Alaska is a tough place to have a hot rod, but there are some there.  We met a very interesting car guy in the little town of Skagway.  I would have enjoyed spending more time with him.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH