What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

Quote from: "Arnold"Getting my computer fixed..been at the expert(I know NOTHING) for 2 days now.
Last time I used it I put in an old 3 Stooges dvd. Several days ago. Hasn't worked since :lol: The computer expert has NO IDEA what is wrong with it.
Windows won't even start :?:
Better half can't stop laughing :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

THANKS :!: For the laugh's guys :D  TRUE story. Computer(laptop) lived a good life! Served me VERY WELL! Done now :shock:
I wanted a new,larger laptop anyway :twisted: Picking that up this afternoon.

Maybe I will break it in on a 3 Stooges dvd :twisted:

kb426

We climbed out of the deep freeze this afternoon. It got up to 70 degrees. I drove the garage project to work. Watching peoples expressions was a hoot. I'm going to install some sound dampner tomorrow. It's really loud inside it. I think I'll put some on the underneath side of the roof and the back of the cab in a few places. I'll try to pick spots that won't hinder any kind of coating for the future. A set of tail pipes would be great also. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

KB you know what they say about if its too loud... :lol:

Men, you are not hallucinating :shock: nor have you warped to deep space... this is my new objet d'art  :arrow:  Look away if you have not had your meds.

Seriously, thats leak pan slurry from under my GTP. She was in for her annual heater hose elbow party today. :roll:
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "idrivejunk"KB you know what they say about if its too loud... :lol:

Men, you are not hallucinating :shock: nor have you warped to deep space... this is my new objet d'art  :arrow:  Look away if you have not had your meds.

Seriously, thats leak pan slurry from under my GTP. She was in for her annual heater hose elbow party today. :roll:

Gee ... I took one glance & thought you finally went after the stupid dogs .... :roll:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Print that out 24" by 36" on canvas , name it " mans inhumanity to man and it will sell for big money.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Groovy, ain't it? ~:)  :P>  

Somehow yesterday I found just the right spot to stop in my parking spot of nigh onta 20 year... to sink my 69 GP. Thawing clay and bald tires said smush, nope. Was just out there shuffling the smushy mud to see about getting it loose before the rain comes.

Aaaand ummm... got the news last night that another uncle passed away around noon yesterday. Down to one uncle now. Ugh. Aunts and folks are doing alright but the last couple years we lost some good old boys.
Matt

idrivejunk

Oh and Bob... I did buy new front tires last year  :roll:  Not much help in mud but I'm gaining on it. And unfortunately the dog already got yelled at this morning around 8:30 but it was outside having barking fits at 2:30 and 4:00 AM today and does it at dusk every day. Barks a lot real loud between the time I get home and go to bed, then from the time I wake up until time to leave. Puts me in a great mood especially for driving. Saw the dog with head and shoulders above the fence other day, they have set something up for the dog to climb up on directly across from my bedroom so it can bark over the fence. I don't like it and I believe its intentional. The guy over there is on parole, I don't know what for but my patience is under attack.
Matt

UGLY OLDS

QuoteThe guy over there is on parole, I don't know what for but my patience is under attack.
[/quote]

And there is no need for you to find out .....

Bob... :wink:

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
QuoteThe guy over there is on parole, I don't know what for but my patience is under attack.

And there is no need for you to find out .....

Bob... :wink:[/quote]

I had no desire to find out that much, his PO called me. I can wonder, thats all. Strong wind is helping with my mud bog. :)  Sure could use a cruise 8)
Matt

BFS57

Hello;
Been out in my garage formulating a plan of attack on my 57. I have quite a few things I ordered and am carefully going through to find out fit or NO fit. So far the valve covers will fit the engine but the baffles sent with the covers don't fit the covers, at least not without some grinding. Then the top of the air cleaner I bought fits my 14" air filter but the rod from the carb is too short!! And I certainly don't want to use a rusty faster on top.
I know i have to take the front motor mounts off the engine (have welded side mounts) just trying to guess the best way to start that so the new front runner bracket can get mounted. Then it's deciding how to wire the new alternator and hoping my AC hoses make it to the new Compressor. as well as hope that my power steering lines connect to the new PS pump.
But before I go through all of those headaches, I have to drain my radiator, remove the hoses, pull the water pump and give the block a good bath. as well as a good flushing!
I plan on taking before and after photos of this event. As well as myself as I am sure I won't come through this without any harm!
So I have planned to move my compressor up near the front of the garage as I plan to use some air tools to be removing and installing bolts and nuts of all kinds!!
Planning to up date the cars barking system with a complete Wilwood kit I found from Pirate Jack! Instead of Disc Front and Drums rear, I will have a complete disc system with emergency brakes and drilled and slotted calipers! Im thinking I might have the brakes done by someone else with more patience than I as it includes all new lines from front to back.
Also gonna try to put a shine on my Torque Thrust polished aluminum wheels as they look kind of rough!! Tried a couple things, not too happy yet! Got a Power Ball coming so we will see how that does! WOW!! heard a knock on the door and it was the power ball delivered by Amazon ON A SUNDAY!!

Bruce

kb426

Bruce, we harass everyone else so "where's the pics"? If you need info to help posting, there will be plenty of info. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

ordered a master cyl. from rock auto for the coupe . 82 rampage manual master cyl , 7/8 bore remote reservoir . I will begin making my 90 degree under dash set up when it shows up . Also ordered a shock to replace one on the front , aldan American 11 adjustments for rebound . When it shows up I can put my car on springs for the first time . It has been sitting on metal spacers for ride height for years . After all that is done I will start looking at door alignment again . That stress has now subsided . I have tried to get things in order to lighten my work load so that I can spend some time on my car again . I am hoping to have it ready to start body work by the summer . If I take the body home , I can work on it at home while my chassis stays at my school shop . That way I can alternate from body work to finish welding and painting the chassis if one or the other gets too frustrating . I have most of the parts to freshen the drivetrain and hopefully I will have it running about this time next year . The motor was a good running 350 when I pulled it years ago , I will change cam , heads and intake while the motor is out for chassis work . .505 lift solid cam , patriot 187cc intake 64cc chamber aluminum heads , edelbrock performer , 750 quadrajet , windage tray , lifter valley baffle (because I forgot to install it in my last 2 motors ). With steel shim gaskets I should be at or near 10:1 . Aluminum water pump , 9 fin valve covers and finned oil pan . I have a Mallory dual point distributor that I want to put a pertronix kit in . I have had this car for 15 years this may , and have been poking away at it for the past 5 . I want to have it finished by june of 2020 , for a possible 40 year high school reunion . I have wanted this car since grade 9 .

UGLY OLDS

Chimp.....You really want to put a solid lifter cam in a street motor ???   That's nothing more than additional maintenance ....
Oh ...With .505 lift & steel shim gaskets, don't forget to check the valve to piston clearance ...It's prolly going to be close ....

tomslik

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"KB you know what they say about if its too loud... :lol:

Gee ... I took one glance & thought you finally went after the stupid dogs .... :roll:  :lol:

I've seen metal elbows in some of the parts stores....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

chimp koose

Bob , the solid cam is one I have had and not used for many years . Yes I want to use it as I kinda like the sound of solids and its not a really aggressive one so should be easy to look after . I am used to maintaining solid roller valve trains with nearly twice that lift . I have run .480 lift cams with gobs of clearance and have notched pistons with a .525 lift , both on stock piston flat top motors with steel shim H/G . Besides that the only other cam I have in the garage is a reduced base circle .660 lift roller .